32 - this can't be normal

(9:37am - maddie's pov)
i was feeling even worse than i was before. i had felt slightly better once i had finished throwing up by the toilet but now that i was lying down i felt much worse. i was resting my head on nicks chest, in his bed, as he played with my hair trying to get me to fall asleep. he was muttering soothing words in my ear.
"you're gonna feel a lot better once this is all over. you just need to get whatever it is out of your system and everything will be okay. i gotchu."
i felt the nausea hit me again.
i sat up, super quick. nick looked at me with a concerned expression.
"are you gonna be sick??" he asked, alarmed. i had my hand over my mouth, unable to move.
"maddie, come on, we gotta get you to the bathroom-"
i threw up all over the sheets.
FUCK
i stared at the dirty sheets in shock with myself.
nick was gonna be so mad. i felt horrible.
"oh my god.. nicky im so sorry"-
i coughed, letting out another round of sick. he patted my back, somehow calmer than i thought.
"oh, sweetheart, you're really not well are you?" he softly spoke, rubbing my back.
i was in so much pain. i had finally stopped though.
"im so sorry" i said, my eyes welling up with tears from all the pain and guilt.
"maddie, honey you don't need to be sorry, you can't help it. i can get these cleaned up super quickly"-
"but i feel so bad" i sobbed, wiping my eyes.
"kid, you don't need to feel bad. you're not well and we're going to take care of you, alright?" he said, wiping the stray tears off of my cheeks with his thumb. "i'll go get matt"
i nodded, feeling so fucking guilty. nick stood up and went over to his door, opening it.
"matt!!!" he shouted.
"yeah" i heard matt shout from the distance
"can you come here please"
"okay"
matt came outside the room.
"what?" he murmured
"maddie's been sick again, all over the sheets" nick said, moving out the way so matt can enter. matt came through the door and looked over at the mess i'd made. his eyes widened.
"holy shit" he said in shock, coming over to me "sweetie come on let's get you outside, come on"
matt gently helped me out of the bed, and lead me to the door. i was practically falling asleep as we walked, my eyes begun to get very heavy.
"i'll sit with her in the backyard, do you need me to help clean or no?" matt murmured to nick, his arm wrapped around my shoulder.
"nah its cool, i'll get dad" nick responded.

me and matt sat down on the bench in the backyard. he had given me his hoodie to wear since it was a bit chilly out, but the sun was shining and it was peaceful outside. my head was resting on his lap and i fell asleep to him playing with my hair. i just wanted it to all be over. i hated being so sick. i definitely wouldn't be going to school tomorrow now.

(nick's pov)
"dad" i announced, walking up the stairs to the corridor, where dad had just finished cleaning up the mess.
"yes, nick"
"she threw up in my bed, it's all over the sheets"
he looked at me in alarm
"is she alright? how much is it?"
"come see"
i lead him down to my room. he stared in shock at how much there was even after she had not been eating anything (LMAO IM SORRY FOR ALL THE GROSS DETAIL IT WILL BE OVER SOON I PROMISE)
"i'll go get the mop, i'll come back with some fresh sheets for you" he said, leaving the room
"thanks dad, i'll take these sheets off the bed" i responded. i slowly made my way over to the bed, plugging my nose. i was trying so hard to not gag because quite frankly this was not how i wanted to spend my sunday morning, and it was very disgusting.
i started to pull out the corner of the duvet from the mattress, when i noticed something a little weird.
there was blood in the vomit. and not a normal amount.
was it red because of food? maybe it wasn't blood.. but it sure looked like it.
"alright, i got the mop. i sure hope that kids okay." dad said, standing beside me. he noticed me in alarm. "what?"
"is that blood in her vomit?" i asked, pointing to it. dad squinted, taking a closer look.
"i'm not sure.." dad said. "do you think it could be?"
"i dunno" i responded, beginning to feel a little uneasy. "should i go wake up chris?"
"if you don't mind" dad responded "where is maddie and matt?"
"they're in the backyard getting some fresh air" i replied, running up to chris' room. it felt very cold in there, chris had his windows wide open and the air conditioning was on full blast. i assumed this was because of maddie, but he was awake, lying in bed on his phone. he looked at me.
"good morning" he said, in a sleepy voice.
"hi chris" i responded "can you come downstairs for a second?"
"why?"
"maddie threw up all over my sheets and we think there's blood in it, but we're not sure" i explained. he looked confused as hell.
"again?? she threw up again??"
i nodded.
"and once before that as well, in the hallway. dad only just finished cleaning it up."
he slowly sat up, pulling his hood up over his messy hair.
"this can't be normal"

me and chris entered my room. dad was still examining the puke, as pleasant as that sounds. chris jumped in shock at the sight, not expecting there to be so much.
"bro!!!" he exclaimed "you could've at least given me a warning."
he walked over to dad, looking at where the blood supposedly was. he looked at me, nodding.
"yep, that's definitely blood. we need to take her to the hospital." chris concluded.
"oh shit" i said.
i hated hospitals. everything about hospitals made me feel sick to my stomach. i knew i'd have to come with to make sure my sister is okay, but i wish i could just stay home instead. hospitals were full of germs and disease. but maddie would want me to be there with her, so obviously as fuck i was coming.
"i'll go get maddie and matt, go get in the car you guys" dad said, going out to the backyard.
"come on, nick, let's go" chris said, tugging my arm as he lead me outside to the car. i was super scared for my sister. i knew it wasn't gonna be anything bad, but i was scared. and i didn't know why.