69 - warehouse

(3:45pm - maddie's pov)
well... i slept like a baby last night. 10/10 sleep. 10/10 bed. my exhaustion had begun to ebb away, and now we were in the car on the way to the warehouse because my brothers were supposed to be having a meeting at 4. but first, we were going to the starbucks drive thru because we hadn't eaten breakfast yet.

nick rolled down the window and began to order for us-
"hi there, please can i get two iced lattes, one iced caramel macchiato, one dragonfruit refresher (mine) , anddd two cake pops?"
"only two??" chris blurted out, turning around.
matt scoffed, "kid thinks we're gonna split them."
nick tutted, "OKAY FINE- sorry- can we change that to four cake pops? please?"
"yes, of course" the lady replied. "would you like anything else?"
"nope nothing else, thank you so much, have a great day" nick smiled, rolling up the window. we drove forward and i was getting super hungry. or thirsty. or whatever.
"maddie, are you sure you're gonna be fine whilst we're in the meeting?" matt asked, looking at me in the overhead mirror.
"yeah yeah, i can entertain myself" i replied.
"you're not gonna be bored?"
i shook my head, "nope. how long is this meeting anyway?"
chris squinted, "like.. an hour and a half? just less?"
oh. i thought it was like 45 mins. oh well.
"ok, it's fine." i smiled. they nodded.
"sorry, we just didn't want you being at the house by yourself because we might go over to madi and laura's later and want you to come with." nick mentioned, grabbing the food from outside the window, which was somehow ready super quickly.
"dude don't worry it's completely fine. as i said, i can amuse myself." i grinned, tucking into my refresher and cake pop.

(4:27pm)
boy was i SO wrong. i wasn't able to amuse myself at all, and it had only been like.. half an hour. not even, actually. the warehouse was pretty lit though. and it was huge. my brothers, laura, and some other people in their management team were in one room, and i had the other million rooms to myself. so considering how bored i was, it was time to explore.

firstly, i headed to one of the smaller rooms which had a pool table, but obviously i couldn't play pool solo, so i moved onto the next room which just had a desk, some documents, and- ok.. i definitely was not supposed to be in here.
i quickly got out, and headed to the room at the end of the corridor, which seemed good enough. it had another sofa which was a bit smaller, and also a tv. it just looked like a cozy living room.
i sat down on the sofa, and oh my gosh. the sofa was so soft i thought i was on a cloud or some shit. i literally sunk into it. maybe i should try fall asleep here.
maddie. you fucking slept for 11 hours last night. we don't have time for more of that nonsense.
my phone beeped, and i eagerly picked it up, hoping it would be macy. she hadnt been responding to any of my messages for some reason, despite her being online several times since. but it wasn't her.
i was getting worried, but decided to just give her space and not overthink it too much.
i put my airpods in, and listened to some music. and just sat... staring at the walls... letting the sofa engulf me... doing nothing.
oh my gosh come on maddie.. what are we doing? we aren't doing anything right now.. we're in LA!!! let's go to the hollywood sign or something... or... just SOMETHING. i could be doing this in boston.

to pass the time, i decided to look at me and macy's saved in chats, because they always made me laugh.
i smiled as i scrolled through videos of us pissing ourselves laughing, and the ones of us in school were especially funny. i stumbled across a video of us both in one cubicle in the bathroom splitting a brownie we got from the cafeteria, and when macy was cutting it in half, she dropped it in the toilet. that was so so funny. maybe it was even a core memory. a weird one, though.

(30 mins later)
i was bored out of my mind. and so bored, that i was getting tired from it. yeah, from sitting down and doing nothing.
i had been staring at a photo that macy had taken of me doing just dance for like twenty minutes now, as my eyes were beginning to droop, when suddenly-
"there you are!!" chris exclaimed, bursting through the door with nick following on behind him. "we were looking for you, thought you'd escaped or something."
i chuckled, the fatigue immediately leaving my body.
"yeah.. i was tempted to. i got very bored." i said, standing up as chris patted my back. "are you guys finished?"
"yep. we sure are." nick responded. "also what do you think of the warehouses? cool, right?"
"no no, yeah- yeah it's really cool. i like it. it's huge, though." i laughed, as nick giggled, gently closing the door to the room i was in. we walked into the main room where we were greeted by matt and laura smiling.
"did you managed to keep yourself entertained, maddie?" laura grimaced, almost as if she had been listening to our earlier conversations.
i laughed, "just a little."
matt smiled at me, before saying, "oh yeah, by the way, you know larray and arrington allen, right?"
i nodded. "mhm?"
"okay, cool, we'll we've arranged for us four and madi and them to all go to disney together tomorrow. it will be fun, is that cool with you?" he asked.
FUCK YEAH!!!! I WANNA GO TO DISNEY!!! and with LARRAY? and arrington? that's just a bonus.
i've been watching larray since i was like.. i don't even know.. 5th grade? 6th grade probably. he literally RAISED me. and i've seen arrington in some of his videos and he seems like a super nice chill dude, so i'm excited to meet them both. but i had to play cool.
i nodded, eagerly, "oh my gosh, yes!!! that would be so much fun. i cant wait."
my brothers smiled.
"great! it's settled!"

we made our way to the car to drive to laura's house and once i had done my seatbelt, i whipped out my phone and begun to message macy.
oh my gosh, macy's gonna absolutely FREAK when she hears that i'm hanging out with...
i stopped typing, not sure if it would be the best idea to message her about this.. she obviously wasn't happy and i didn't want to make her feel even more unhappy by making her feel left out.
i deleted the few words i had typed so far, and turned off my phone, staring out the window.
it's fine, i would wait until she responded to my previous chats before telling her. she would be happy for me.