15 - ice cream

(3:01pm, friday)
it was now friday, and it was super fucking hot outside today, the hottest day of the month. i had literally been sweating so much in school today and half my classes ac didn't even work, but me and macy had made plans to get ice cream in the park after school so i was excited for that.
i met macy by my locker, she smiled, speeding up when she saw me waiting for her.
"oh my fucking  god have you been in classroom 6??" she gasped, her face red from the hot air.
"no, why?"
"it is an INFERNO in there. i just had history, i couldn't breathe"
i laughed, watching her smile slowly. kid was like a tomato.
"cant relate, i just had biology in the nice air conditioned lab"
"oh, shut up" macy chuckled. i giggled. "i'm just glad it's the weekend now."
"aaaand for our little ice cream date" i said, winking as a joke.
"oh my i've been looking forward to this all day- the local park has an AMAZING ice cream parlour with like 50 different flavours" she explained.
"i know" i smiled "that park is literally where i spent most of my childhood"
"SAME" she interrupted "imagine we were there at the same time when we were little and we just didn't realise"
i laughed
"imagine."

we headed out of the air conditioned building, where a blast of hot air hit our faces from outside.
"oh, JEEZ, this is horrible" i said, fanning myself with my hands.
"i know right. what is with this boston weather recently? like it was stormy less than a week ago now there's a fucking heatwave??"
that made me cackle.

we continued to talk as we walked to the park, it was quite busy and a lot of people from our school was there, but my anxiety wasn't too high for some reason, and i wasn't sure why. but i wanted it to stay this way.
we headed to the parlour, and it was air conditioned inside.
"oh thank the LORD in the heavens above" macy exclaimed, almost collapsing from exhaustion.
i could feel my hair sticking to the back of my neck, and my bag felt so heavy.
the line moved quite quickly, and macy ordered first. she got strawberry and lemon sorbet, whilst i got cookie dough and strawberry ice cream.
we sat on the grass, under a tree in the shade, and started eating our ice cream. it tasted so so good. i hadn't been here in quite a while, and i missed it. my brothers used to take me here last summer pretty much everyday, i literally ate ice cream for practically all 3 of my meals. i felt so calm right now, with macy and our ice cream. the air was filled with small kids playing in the playground, running around and having fun, and it smelt so nice and fresh outside.
"i'm getting such big nostalgia right now" i said, licking my ice cream. she looked at me.
"what do you mean?"
"like.. my brothers used to always take me to this park to eat ice cream everyday a few summers ago. i miss that."
she nodded, and opened her mouth as if she was about to say something.
"your brothers.. they're the triplets aren't they?" she asked. i nodded, hesitatingly.
shit. i thought she didn't know, i hoped she wasn't gonna go crazy for them like pretty much every girl in this damn school,
"i love their youtube videos. tell them that i think they're hilarious" she smiled, before continuing to eat her ice cream.
oh? maybe not. phew.
i smiled.
"i will"