36 - back to normal

(tuesday, 8:36am, maddie's pov)
i had been doing a lot better than i was a few days ago. i had recovered from the poison and genuinely i was feeling happier too. today was my first day back in school, and matt had just dropped me off.

i arrived in homeroom. again, no one turned their heads to look at me, but i didn't care as much as i used to. i couldn't give a shit about what these fake people think if they didn't give a shit about me.
i headed towards the back of the classroom to my seat, when i noticed sophie wasn't in the room. her friends were though, and they gave me very dirty looks. i rolled my eyes very obviously so they would notice, then i sat down.
why wasn't sophie in? was she finally getting punished? i hoped so.

(break)
i met up with macy by my locker at break. it was so nice to finally see her again.
"oh my fucking god i missed you so much" i confessed
"I MISSED YOU EVEN MORE" she exclaimed "ugh, how are you feeling??"
"way better than before" i smiled "being poisoned is crazy"
"yeah, for real. i cant believe that happened to you. sophie deserves to rot in hell"
i laughed, happy to be back with her.
"come on, let's go get some cookies from the cafeteria" i smiled, as we headed off.

(next period)
i had art after break, so me and macy waved goodbye as we parted ways to our separate classes. i was super excited for art, seeing as i hadn't been present in an art class for like decades. i was gonna be very behind, but art was one of my good subjects so i reckoned i would be fine.
i walked into my art classroom along with the rest of my classmates, and was greeted with a beaming smile from mr jackson.
"well if it isn't maddie sturniolo!!" he exclaimed. i was happy that he was so enthusiastic to see me. i wasn't exactly sure why though. i was happy to be back in art too though.
"hi sir" i smiled warmly.
"hi! it's so nice to see you again, it feels like you've not been here in years!!"
i laughed, as he laughed too.
"have i missed a lot of work? is there anything i can catch up on?" i asked him, making my way to my seat.
"we've done quite a lot of work whilst you've been gone, but it's nothing too important. i don't think there's any need for you to catch up, seeing as you're such an amazing artist anyways, but if you would like to, i have some photos of some vases if you want to sketch them in your own time?"
sure, why not.
"that would be perfect, thank you so much"
"no worries!"

(english, after lunch)
i now had english, aka the worlds most boring and irrelevant subject on the planet. weird enough, it's also the only class i have with sophie. not sure if i already mentioned that before.
however, again i noticed she wasn't in class. i was getting confused now. i wanted to know where she was. i looked over to her empty seat, and to annabelle sitting next to her.
i was almost tempted to ask annabelle where sophie was, as if i hadn't already learnt my lesson.
i snapped out of my thoughts, and got on with my work.

after english, it was the end of the day and i was obviously going home.. riiight after meeting with macy by the lockers again. i was talking to her about how sophie wasn't in.
"it's really weird, normally she never skips school unless it's some weird emergency" i explained. macy nodded.
"maybe she's finally in trouble with the cops or something"
i hummed in agreement, before checking the time. it was 3:30pm; my brothers would be waiting in the van outside for me.
"i gotta go, my brothers are waiting for me" i said, picking my bag up off of the floor.
"alright, see you tomorrow!!"
"bye macy, see ya" i smiled, waving at her as i heads out to the car.

(thursday evening - 7:48pm)
i was sitting with my brothers in the living room, and we were watching a disney film. i felt very calm and at bay right now. this week had been pretty good, and i was proud of myself for how i was handling everything. my teachers were happy to have me back in school, i was slowly catching up with my work, and obviously seeing macy again had boosted my mood 500 times. however, i was still just a bit uneasy thinking about sophie. of course i wanted for her to be punished badly. VERY badly, but a part of me was scared for how she would react, and if she would take it out on me again. heck, i wouldn't even be surprised at this point if she tried poisoning me again. she needs help.

nick had his arm around me and i was resting my head on his shoulder, and i was trying to focus on the film, but my phone, which was in my pocket, kept beeping. i decided to check what was going on, when i saw the notifications were from sophie. my stomach dropped. i couldn't message her back in here because nick, who was right behind me, would see everything. i got up from the sofa, causing my brothers to turn their attention to me.
"i'll be back in a few secs, i just need to sort something out" i explained. they nodded, as i left the room to go to the bathroom. i locked myself in, and opened the messages.

sophie

sophie: you fucking little snitch
sophie: why would you get the police involved?? i thought u wanted to be besties again.
sophie: now i'm getting a criminal record and my parents r paying a fine
sophie: and i'm getting expelled from school.
sophie: FUCK YOU. YOURE INSANE AND I HOPE YOU DIE. YOU AND UR FUCKING FAMILY CAN ROT IN HELL BECAUSE YOUVE RUINED MY LIFE. I NEVER WANNA SEE YOUR UGLY FAT FACE EVER AGAIN. MY PARENTS HAVE FUCKING DISOWNED ME NOW.

You: ME? INSANE??? whose the one who poisoned me u fucking bitch??
You: and obviously i was gonna get the cops involved when u basically committed a felony. do u rlly think i'm not gonna tell anyone just bc i wanna be friends again? bc ur fucking wrong. why would i wanna be friends w a psycho maniac like you.
You: as i've said many times before, get help. and block me on everything before i tell my family about what you're saying.

sophie: alright fine. i bet ur happy now. bet all of ur anxiety is officially cured bc this 'psycho maniac' is out of ur life.
sophie: just remember. i will see u again. we will meet again.
sophie: i'm gonna fucking kill you

LMAOOOOOO WHAT.
i had to stifle a laugh at this point. she was gonna KILL ME???? again????? after her first unsuccessful attempt?? bitch, you can't get rid of me that easily.
although i liked to joke about it, that did get me very paranoid. and i begun to think about how she knows my address, and how easy it would be for her to do something insane.
shit.

i closed the toilet seat and sat on the lid, trying to figure out what to do. i was beginning to freak out as my legs bounced. i had now been in the toilet for 10 minutes, and there was a knock on the door.
"maddie are you alright? are you gonna come back out?" matt asked. i jumped at the sudden noise filling the quiet room.
"um, yeah, i'll b-be out in a few minutes" i stuttered, my voice quivering. there was a brief silence.
"you sure you're okay?"
i tried to say "mhm", but i was shaking so much that it wasn't coherent.
"mads? let me in"
he rattled the doorknob.
i squeezed my eyes shut, before i stood up and unlocked the door. i looked at matt, who looked at me worried. i showed him the messages, as he took my phone, took a few screenshots, and immediately blocked her.
"she isn't gonna do anything. she's just trying to
scare you. and if she tries ANYTHING, we'll deal with her first." he said, giving me my phone back. "now come on, let's finish this film" he smiled.