18 - vandalised locker

(1:36pm, wednesday)
macy wasn't in school today, annoyingly, because she had a fever. that meant back to my old ways, but i didn't let it bother me too much because i knew i still had her.
i ate lunch in the bathroom because there was no way i'd be eating in that cafeteria by myself.
on my way out of the bathroom, i was bombarded by the cheerleading girls, shouting things at me, but sophie wasn't there.
what was going on?
"maddie, you're such a fucking bitch. why would you do that to sophie???" one of them said, coming even closer to me.
"d-do what??" i stuttered, sweating.
"you know what you did. you're a HORRIBLE friend"
"what did i do??"
"you're the one that vandalised her locker. she told us. we saw."
i gasped.
"VANDALISED her locker? her locker was vandalised?"
one of them shoved me.
"don't act so surprised, you asshole. all the teachers know and you're gonna get found out."
"all her folders and books have been ripped, some of her money was stolen, there's spray paint all over it. what the fuck is your problem??"
i felt tears come to my eyes
"why do you think i did that?" i asked
"because sophie said she saw you. and we trust sophie way more than you." one of them said, as there was a silence. "no wonder sophie doesn't like you anymore."
they walked off.
what the FUCK?
i saw sophie standing behind me, as they walked over to her, talking shit about me.
you know what. i don't give a fuck anymore,
i stormed over to sophie, ignoring all the other girls
"sophie what the FUCK? why would you make up a horrible rumour about me that's not true at all? that could get me in so much trouble."
she stayed quiet
"yeah. see whose talking now." i said, fucking pissed. i walked off the other way, rage building up in me.

(sophie's pov)
i felt so guilty.
shit.. i don't know why i did that. what the fuck actually wrong with me... i guess i just hated how maddie had replaced me with macy and how she didn't even care that i was friends with the cheer girls. she was never happy for me or anything and i was starting to get annoyed by how much attention she got because of her brothers. i wanted to bring that attention away by making up a lie about her. she never vandalised my locker. it was me. i just needed more people to hate her so she would eventually stop being friends with macy and come running back to me.
"maddie, wait!" i said, quickly jogging up to her, leaving all the cheer girls behind me. she turned around.
"what do you want." she replied.
shit shit shit.
"i-" i stuttered. "i'm really sorry"
she nodded,
"yeah, you should be. you're gonna get me in so much trouble now, so thanks. now this rumour will go around the whole grade and everyone will hate me." she sneered, leaving me speechless. "and what was that you told to your little friends? that you don't like me? why? what did i do? i should be the one mad here, you left ME all alone for those bitchy cheer girls."
since when did she learn to speak up for herself?
"YEAH BUT YOU HAVE MACY NOW, SO IT DOESN'T MATTER"
"YEAH, AND SHES A WAY BETTER FRIEND THAN YOU EVER WERE. SO FUCK YOU" she exclaimed, i was shocked.
"if you wanna say that, say what you fucking want because i'm so glad i joined that cheer team and stopped talking to you with your fucking anxiety problems, i'm so much happier without worrying about you everyday. these people are way more uplifting and positive, you're just negative."
i could see her getting angrier and angrier.
good, then maybe she'd do something that would really get her in trouble and she would get disliked by everyone.
she bit her lip.
"matt was right. this cheer team is full of crazy horrible bitches like you." she replied.
"i don't give a fuck what your brothers say. fuck you, and fuck them too. stay out of my way you sadistic bitch."
i walked off. she didn't answer back, i didn't turn back. this friendship was BEYOND over. i joined my friends and we went to our next lesson. i hope she knew that i meant EVERY word i said to her.

(maddie's pov)
i bit my lip super hard, trying to resist myself from doing something i'd regret. i was furious.
"maddie?"
i turned around. it was mr jackson.
it was the end of lunch already?
"oh sorry, am i late?" i asked him.
"class is starting now" he smiled, opening the door for me. i didn't move for a sec, before entering the classroom. that lunch went by so quickly, but i couldn't get what just happened out of my mind.
my mind was going to other places when mr jackson was telling us about the work we were going to be doing. how my anxiety 'drags people down'.
was that true? was macy going to think like that too?
i saw everyone starting to stand up and gather their art supplies. i didn't know what the fuck we were doing. i hesitatingly stood up, wondering what to do. i think i caught mr jackson's eye. he came over to me.
"do you know what we are doing, maddie?" he asked. i shook my head, unable to speak. he noticed something was wrong,
"are you okay?"
i shook my head.
please not another anxiety attack.
"do you want to go to the nurse? take a timeout?"
i nodded. i couldn't talk, but he understood, my teachers knew about my anxiety and knew it could be hard. he let me go, as i rushed to the bathroom. i wasn't going to the nurse.
i was having trouble breathing but i didn't want to ask matt to pick me up, because this was literally the second time in a week. i was freaking out, so i messaged macy. she would respond.

macy💋💋

You: hey are you there
You: i'm freaking out i feel like i cant breathe
You: something happened at lunch with sophie

i had told macy everything about sophie, and she didn't like her either..

macy💋💋: omg are you ok?? talk to me<3 what happened?
macy💋💋: take deep breaths, in and out

You: she made up a rumour about me to all of her stupid fucking idiot cheerleading bratty friends that i VANDALISED her locker when i would never do such a thing. this is gonna get me in so much trouble and i'm so scared . the whole grade are gonna hate me for something i never did. and then she told me how my anxiety makes people not like me and she told me that i was a horrible friend now i just feel like shit and i hate myself

macy💋💋: she did WHAT???
macy💋💋: what a fucking dick. that's so horrible, i'm so sorry that happened i genuinely want to just smash her face into a wall and watch her bleed out
macy💋💋: sorry

i chuckled

macy💋💋: hey never ever hate yourself. you're literally the best friend i have EVER had ever. i hated this school so much until i met you. you make me look forward to coming into school everyday, and your anxiety doesn't fucking make me dislike you, or drag me down, a good friend wouldn't care about that. i would be a horrible friend if i didn't like you just because of your anxiety, i want to help you. i want you to be happy always, so i'm gonna stay with you no matter what your anxiety is like. sorry to break it to ya
macy💋💋: she is not a good friend at all if she's saying all this to you and is acting so mean and rude.  you're the best friend i've ever had and i'm so happy i have you. i love you maddie it's going to be ok <33

what the fuck did i do to deserve this girl.

(2:32pm)
i had calmed down and managed to go back to art. there was only half an hour left of school anyways. i got on with my work, still thinking about everything. mr jackson kept telling me how amazing my work was, trying to cheer me up, even though i hadn't even painted my work yet. i appreciated it though.

(2:58pm)
mr jackson dismissed everyone, and on my way out he told me to stay behind. i got really nervous, but i did as i was told. he shut the door.
"is everything okay now?"
i nodded.
"yeah, i feel better now"
he nodded.
"i'm happy to hear that. i'm very proud of you for coming back to the lesson, your determination never fails to impress me, maddie"
i smiled, as he smiled back.
"let me know if you need anything, ok? my door is always open, even if it's closed."
"i will. thank you sir, have a nice evening"
"you too maddie, thank you!"