63 - phone call

(maddie's pov - the next day)
it had been a few days now since i was beat up. sounds weird to say that.. but the bruises were starting to heal a lot faster than expected.
also the pain has gone down a lot. i took the cast off of my nose and so far everything was all good.
i was lying on my bed watching youtube on my laptop. i was beginning to feel very down again because i knew the days until my brothers flew back to LA for god knows how long was coming closer and closer.
4 days.
i sighed, but right then, there was a knock on my door. i didn't have a chance to ask who it was before the door opened, to my brothers who were smiling.
kinda like what happened the other day when they told me they're going to LA, but this time the opposite mood.
"can we come in?" matt smiled, looking like he had just received the worlds best news.
"yeah, sure come in" i replied, confused, as they closed the door and made their way to my bed, smiling. "what got you guys smiling so hard?"
chris chuckled.
"um.. you know how like.. you're not gonna be at somerville high anymore.. and how there aren't really any schools nearby that you would wanna go to?" chris began. i slowly nodded, still confused at what he was trying to say.
"well we've been thinking for a few days.. and like mom and dad are fine with it.." nick started, as i still nodded along. "but how would you feel about maybe coming to stay with us in LA and going to school there?"

WHAT???!?!? LA?!?!

"wait, really?? are you joking??" i immediately responded, sitting up, as they all laughed.
"no, maddie, we're not joking. we're being serious. would you wanna do that?" matt asked, grinning widely. i was literally lost for words.
i'd been to LA with my family and brothers a couple times in the past, but only for like three or five days, but i loved it. i loved everything about LA and since i was younger it's been my dream to live there. i just love the whole california vibe, and i've never been to my brothers house either. it would be so fun to meet all their friends as well.. and i bet school in LA is 15x better than it is here in boston.
"i would fucking LOVE to!!" i exclaimed.
"alrightttt!!!" nick cheered, as everyone else laughed and chris patted my back. but then i remembered mom and dad.
"wait.. but how are mom and dad okay with that? doesn't that mean i wont see them for ages??" i asked, suddenly feeling bad.
"we're not fully sure how all that will work yet, but when we go back to LA this wednesday we're gonna buy you a plane ticket to come with us, and then we will be there together for two weeks. then we'll come back here for a while, so you'll have plenty of time to decide if LA is what you want to do. plus, there are plenty of great schools near where we live. trust me." nick smiled, rubbing my shoulder.
i felt so fucking happy.
depression? who's that?
anxiety? what the fuck even is that?
from now on, i was happy maddie. i couldn't wait to go to LA, and knowing i would have my brothers right by my side through it all made it even more exciting.
but for now, i was gonna focus on spending as much time as possible with my mom and dad. i know i'll see them again in two weeks, but still. they're my parents after all, and i love them with all my heart.
"sooo.. when should i start packing?" i laughed.
"well, knowing what you're like.. probably two days ago." matt snickered, making nick and chris laugh too as they stood up. "don't pack too much, kid."
i giggled.
"i wont. love you guys."
"love you too" they all said in unison, as they left my room, gently closing my door again. i sunk back into my pillows, closing my eyes and smiling.
this was the start of my new era.

(macy's pov - nebraska)
i cant fucking take this anymore.
i need to call her.

i grabbed my phone off of my nightstand, dialling maddie's number. i knew she'd answer quick, she always does.
i held the phone up to my ear, biting my nails anxiously, waiting for the line to stop ringing and to hear maddie's comforting voice.
then it stopped..
"MACY!!! hey, what's going on?? i haven't heard from you in ages!!" she practically screamed.
wow, she sounded so happy. i wish i could be her right now.
"um.. maddie." i stuttered, not knowing what to say. i didn't want to bring her mood down, but i just needed someone to talk to right now, considering my own parents didn't even have the time to listen to me. "c-can i talk to you?"
"of course you can, you can always speak to me macy, i love you." she replied softly. i instantly felt comforted. why did i not speak to her for so long. what the fuck is wrong with me. maddie is always here for me.. and i'm always here for her. that's what best friends are for.
"i love you too mads." i replied, slowly leaning back against my headboard, the phone not coming away from my ear.
"so what's up?"
i took a deep breath, before i just broke down in tears.
"hey, hey, macy, it's okay. it's going to be okay, don't worry. i'm right here and i'm not going anywhere." she gently spoke through the phone. but i couldn't believe anything she was saying.
"but you're not here, maddie. you're all the way in boston. i just need you right now but i have to be in fucking nebraska i hate it so much." i sobbed, my voice shaking and my breaths coming in ragged gasps. all i needed was to be in maddie's presence right now and all my problems would go away.
"macy, listen to me. take a deep breath. i know we're far away. i know we're several states away, and i know we aren't physically together right now." she began, as i focused on her voice, my head buried in my hands as i continued to cry. "but distance can never break us apart. our bond for each other will just get even stronger by the day. i love you more than i've ever loved any friend i've ever had in my entire life. you're different, macy. i've never met a friend as amazing as you. and we're gonna see each other again soon. i swear on it. i know it's so hard being away from somewhere you lived your whole life and now you're surrounded by a bunch of strangers, but i want you to know you're not gonna feel like this forever. everything will fall into place, and please remember how much i fucking love and care about you. and i'm always here for you. i know you're hurting, but time will figure this all out."
i continued to cry, but nodded. and i knew she knew that i was listening.
this fucking girl right here is the reason i'm holding on. because of this girl and only this girl.
"your brother is going to get better, your parents will slowly become less stressed, and you will settle into nebraska. and we WILL see each other soon, macy. never forget that."
"thank you, maddie. i really don't know what the hell i'd do if i didn't have you. i'm so grateful to have you as my best friend too. you're so special to me. i just miss you a heck of a ton" i replied, wiping my red teary eyes. my voice was pretty strained from all the crying.
"you're never gonna have to find out what you'd do without me, because i'm never leaving you. and i miss you so much too, but think on the bright side! everyday is a day closer to the day we reunite. and i promise you, it will be the best day ever." she exclaimed, and i could tell she was smiling from her voice. "i don't know when that date will be, or where it will be, but i know it will be soon. i have a feeling."
i sniffled, starting to laugh a bit, and she laughed as well.
"i love you." i said.
"i love you too." she replied. "now, why don't you go and wash your face with some cold water.. or take a nice long shower, or even just go on a walk and get some fresh air. reconnecting yourself with nature will calm you down a lot, and just take some deep breaths. and remember i'm only a call away if you need me. 24/7. you come first always."
i nodded rapidly. i was gonna do that. i was gonna do all of that. i needed to take care of myself, i was first gonna wash my face, then take a warm shower, then go on a walk around the neighbourhood, as shitty as this dumpster town was. but i would listen to anything maddie says.
"of course, mads. thank you again." i smiled, still sniffling. "can we message tonight?"
"absolutely. why would i even say no to that?" she laughed. i laughed too. "text ya tonight. take care of yourself."
"i will. i love you."

happy friday!!!! new car video and photo dump tn!
i'm so sad the tour isn't international :(( but once again i'm excited for more tour content!!!
also in a way i'm kind of relieved because i know how fucking expensive the tickets will be and there's no way in hell my parents will let me spend that much money LMAOOO but the day they come to my city is the day i go bankrupt ig.