68 - first evening

(maddie's pov - 45 mins later)
ok bruh i was exhausted.
i had finished unpacking my stuff and had done my skincare and now i was about to call macy because i promised i'd call her. i was sitting in matt's bed whilst he was still unpacking his clothes. he heard my phone ringing.
"who are you calling?" he asked, quickly glancing back at me before continuing to hang up his clothes.
"oh, just macy." i smiled, waiting patiently for her to answer. "i promised i'd call her so i'm just hoping she answers."
matt nodded, continuing to fold and unfold his clothes.
"how is macy? is she ok?" he asked.
i hesitated, not knowing if i should say what happened on call the other day..

(matt's pov)
"how is macy? is she ok?" i asked, even though i pretty much already knew the answer.
maddie took a few moments to answer, "oh, y-yeah. macy- she's good.. yeah, she's all good- i think she told me that-"
the ringing stopped, and maddie's eyes lit up. she immediately answered.
"macy!! oh my gosh you wont BELIEVE how nice it is here" she exclaimed, rushing out of the room with her phone and shutting my door.
i could tell maddie wasn't telling the truth to me about macy, and i wasn't sure it would be the best idea to tell maddie about me and macy's text convo we had when trevor was in hospital, but one thing is for sure and that is that macy is obviously not okay. and honestly, i feel really bad for her.

(maddie's pov - 15 mins later)
"it looks so cool, maddie. i'm SO jealous" macy smiled through the phone. i chuckled in response, sinking back into matt's bed, out of breath from running around the house touring macy around.
"i wish you were here. but hey, at least i'm not at that nightmare school anymore" i grinned, making her laugh slightly too.
"listen, i gotta go.. but call me tomorrow, i'm sorry it's just-"
"no, macy, don't worry, you don't need to explain- it's completely fine." i replied, giving her a reassuring smile. "i'll call you tomorrow afternoon. ok?"
she nodded, beaming.
"of course. i love you."
"love you more, have a good night"
i hoped she was ok. i hoped that her brother was also doing a bit better.
"maddie"
i jumped up, startled, but then looked infront of me at the door and it was just chris. but he scared the shit out of me.
"you alright?" he laughed, finding my reaction funny. i nodded.
"yeah, i'm really hungry though."
"actually, i came up to tell you that the food is here. we ordered in n out because you've never tried it before." he explained, gesturing for me to come downstairs.
"oohhh okay, i'll be right down"
he flashed a smile at me, then left to go back down to the kitchen. i plugged my phone into the charger and took one final glance at my lockscreen;
a selfie of me and macy that we took the afternoon we went to the park after school where we were eating ice cream.
pls bro. i miss her so much.
but for now, i was gonna focus on spending as much time as possible with my brothers without overthinking too much. macy was gonna be okay.. i could tell.

i headed down the stairs to the kitchen, where i was greeted by my brothers sitting at the table eating their burgers.
"look who finally came down!" nick teased, making matt and chris laugh. i giggled, sitting down.
"i still can't believe you've never had in n out before" chris said.
"well, chris, it's not my fault they don't have it on the fucking east coast." i replied, unwrapping the burger.
"alrightttt.. chill out kid" he chuckled.
i took a bite of the burger.
"so? do you like it?" matt asked, before i could even acknowledge how it tasted. i continued chewing it. it was good. it was what i expected, it was just a normal burger.
"mid."
"bro." matt chuckled. "everything is mid to you unless it's those revolting crumbl cookies."
my eyes lit up, and i instantly looked at matt. i completely forgot crumbl existed.
"can we get crumbl tonight???" i immediately asked. nick and chris looked at matt in annoyance.
"great, matt. now you've got her started." nick said, rolling his eyes.
i laughed, "matt, you're driving."
"it's not like any of you can drive anyways." he replied, tutting.

(2:47am - maddie's pov)
today was so much fun. and now i meant it that i was ready for bed because i was SUPER exhausted. for real this time.
matt had driven us to crumbl cookies after we finished dinner and we'd only bought four of the cookies because according to nick it was 'extremely extortionate', which to be honest was true. anyways, i was the only one even eating those cookies because my brothers hated them.
i had said goodnight to chris and nick who were now in their rooms. the house was quiet, and me and matt were on our phones in his bed. which was very comfy.
"how are you not tired, matt." i asked, scrolling through tiktok. he looked at me, then chuckled.
"i got no clue. i probably wont go to bed until like 5 anyway."
"jesus christ." i said, making him laugh.
"you should try get some sleep soon considering how exhausted you've been all day" he suggested. i nodded because it was true that i was super tired.
"yeah, you're right. i'm gonna go to bed." i concluded, turning my phone off and placing it on the nightstand as i got comfy under the duvet.
"goodnight, mads. i love you." matt softly spoke, pressing a tender kiss to the top of my head.
"night, matt. love you too." i mumbled, tired, as i closed my eyes.
"we're gonna have so much fun these next two weeks."

hey guys, sorry it's taken so long for an update, as i said i'm on holiday so have been super busy but wanted to get a quick chapter out bc it's been a while :)) sorry about how short this part is but i have rlly good plans for what's gonna happen later in this story but ur gonna have to be patient. anyways I LOVE YALLLL❤️❤️❤️