73 - waterpark

(the next morning - maddie)
i woke up in fucking agony. i felt like shit.. i didn't even know how i was keeping this all a secret from everyone, but it was killing me. LITERALLY.
i slowly got out of bed after barely sleeping last night. matt wasn't in the bed so i was assuming he was eating breakfast or something, and i was right. as i managed to slowly leave the room, my brothers were all at the table eating waffles.
"good morning!" nick greeted. "we made you some waffles."
my stomach twisted at the thought of food. i had no appetite.
my face distorted in pain, as i tried to force a smile, "oh, it's ok. i'm not too hungry right now."
they all stared at me, puzzled.
"are you sure? you love waffles.." chris asked.
i nodded. "yeah, all good."
they all exchanged concerned looks.
"alright.. well, we just wanted to tell you that we're gonna go to the water park with madi today, all of us. do you wanna get your swim suit on? get ready, maybe?" nick began.
WHAT???? a WATERPARK???? not on my period man.
normally, i would've come up with an excuse for this, but i'm sorry but there was no way i was gonna be able to go to a waterpark and get away with this. and if something happened, they would find out in the most embarrassing way. and infront of madi too.
"oh.. um, guys, i don't know if i wanna go to the waterpark." i murmured, clutching my stomach. "i'm really not feeling good."
"you're not feeling good?" matt immediately responded, standing up and coming over to me, placing the back of his hand on my forehead.
i nodded. "yeah.."
he removed his hand. "you do feel quite warm. nick, where's the thermometer?"
"i'll get it. it's in my bathroom." nick replied, heading upstairs to his room.
i squinted, my stomach hurting so much.
"i'm sorry, guys."
"no, you're good, don't be sorry, come sit down, come on." matt gently replied, helping me over to the sofa. chris came over too and rubbed my shoulder.
"are you in pain?" matt asked.
"yeah... it's.. it's my stomach, it's been hurting all night, i barely slept."
"oh no, really?"
i nodded.
"why didn't you wake me up? i could've gotten you some painkillers."
"it's ok. i just.. i need something for my stomach."
"i'll get the hot water bottle." chris replied, going down the stairs to get it. a hot water bottle sounded good right now.
nick came back down the stairs and rushed over, crouching infront of me.
"open wide"
i opened my mouth as he stuck the thermometer under my tongue. we waited for it to beep, and it did. nick removed the thermometer, and i watched him as his expression became clouded with concern.
"yep. you got a fever."
i groaned, squeezing my eyes shut.
"why does this always happen." i whispered.
"you need to get some more rest, maddie. you'll feel a lot better when you wake up. come on." matt said, taking my hand and leading me back to his room.
"yeah, and we're not going to the waterpark anymore." nick said. i stopped walking, turning around to him.
"what? why? you guys can go, i'll be okay."
"maddie, you're sick, we can't just leave you alone the whole day."
"yes you can, i really wont care."
matt sighed. "it's not that, maddie. what if the pain gets worse and you need someone? who will be here to help?"
"guys, just please. you can go, i don't want you to not go because of me. if the pain gets worse, you can say i told you so. i'm not gonna be able to relax if you guys are here because i'll feel bad."
matt and nick shared glances, before chris came back with the hot water bottle.
"alright, fine. but we're not gonna be back until 4:30. is that alright?" matt asked
i nodded. "that's good."

matt supported me as i got back into bed, as chris placed the hot water bottle on my stomach. i immediately felt the relief.
"oh my god. that feels so much better. thank you, chris."
"don't worry." he smiled, leaning down and kissing my forehead. "you'll be ok. i hope you get better soon."
i smiled at chris, as matt leaned down to give me a hug.
"please call me if you need anything." he said, standing back up. "because i feel horrible doing this."
"matt, please don't. i'm gonna be fine. i'll be sleeping in your comfy bed all day."
he chuckled. "feel free. we want you to get better."
i smiled. "bye, matt."

(2:09pm - maddie)
wow. where had all my exhaustion gone???
since my brothers had left, i wasn't even tired anymore. they left around two hours ago, and in that time i had pretty much just been on my phone in the bed the whole time scrolling through tiktok and trying to reach out to macy.. who still hadn't been answering me..
she will answer eventually. just give her some space.
my brothers wouldn't be happy that i hadn't slept yet. also, i had drunk so much water from my bottle in this time that i needed to pee so fucking bad, but i didn't want to move because my stomach had been feeling pretty alright for quite some time, and i was scared that just one slight movement would trigger the pain all over again.
but i was gonna piss myself.
ok.. let's do this nice and slowly.
i turned my phone off, and placed my palms on either side of me on the bed, and slowly lifted myself off the bed, careful not to make any sudden movements. and.. i was fine. no pain, no nothing.
thank god.
i headed to the bathroom and did my business and changed the pad, which was still CRAZILY too small and was not matching my flow at all.. and then i decided it was probably best if i did try and get some rest. but i wanted a change of scenery, so i headed to the living room and slumped down on the sofa, putting a blanket over me.
i turned the tv on in the background, because i couldn't really fall asleep if the house was dead silent. and before i knew it, the tv became one big blur of colours, and i was asleep.

(5:13pm - maddie)
my eyes began to slowly flutter open. i was still on the sofa, the tv was still on, but my brothers were home.. at least i think, because the lights were now on. it had gotten pretty dark outside and it was raining. hopefully my brothers had good weather at the waterpark, because the weather outside right now was crazy.
i slowly sat up... and then stood up.. but as i stood up, i felt something under me.. something sticky..
oh shit
no.. it can't be?
slowly, and with hesitation, i turned around to where i had been lying, and my stomach DROPPED.
i had fucking leaked on the sofa. the white sofa.
i was so dead.