16 - announcement + can't sleep

(4:35pm, saturday)
yesterday was a fucking blast, and i was genuinely feeling so much happier than i was a few days ago. knowing that i had a friend in school who looked forward to seeing me and actually enjoyed being with me made school so much more bearable, and now i even looked forward to school.
some days. i still hate the whole education system.
i was chilling in the kitchen with my brothers, and elmer (yung pleit, if you don't know him). we were all playing his songs on full blast and singing at the top of our voices, basically having a concert. it's good our parents were out, because we would be annoying tf out of them by now. i felt bad for trevor, looking at him staring at me in confusion on the floor.
"come here, trevvy" i smiled, picking trevor of the floor and holding him, kissing the back of his head and dancing with him. i saw chris whispering something to nick, but didn't take much notice of it. me, elmer and matt continued to dance around and sing. nick gasped at chris, diverting my attention towards them,
"oh shit, yes we do- okay maddie, we have something to tell you" nick said, lowering the volume of the music. matt and elmer looked at nick in confusion.
"heyyyyy!! nick!!" they both said in sync.
"we can carry on that later, we need to tell maddie about what we were talking about earlier" he said. matt and elmer stared at him as if he was talking another language, before clocking what he was talking about.
"ohhh word okay" matt said
"right.. what we're about to tell you, you can't tell ANYONE. okay? NO ONE. until we say you can. because otherwise it will mess up all our plans and then we can't do it," chris said, as i sat down at one of the chairs, stroking trevor's head.
"yes yes, i won't. i promise"
i pinky promised with chris, then matt, then nick.
"alright.. well.. we're planning a meet and greet in new york for probably next month, or the month after, because you know it would be fucking nice! and a lot of our fan base is also in new york, but we just thought we should tell you because we think we may do it. but we're not gonna announce it to social media for at least another month because we need to do some planning to check if it will even work."
"wow, that's so cool you guys!! i'm proud of you" i smiled. chris smiled, giving me a side hug. "will elmer be coming too?"
we all looked at elmer,
"i meannnn if i have the option too of course i'll be going!!"
"yes elmer, of course you'll have the option. we'll drag you with anyways and you can perform some songs"
i smiled, getting excited for my brothers. that would be so fucking awesome, and maybe i could come with and go around new york. i loved new york, i hadn't been since last summer but the whole city was just a vibe. and it's not even too far from boston either. we could just take a simple train, or matt or one of our parents could drive us down. i was happy for them.

11:34pm
elmer left at around 10, and i was getting ready for bed now because i was tired. my parents were asleep, and trevor was sleeping in matts room. my brothers were still awake, just in their separate rooms. i had done my skincare, got into my pyjamas, done everything, now i was ready for bed.
i hopped into my nice cold bed, and turned my LEDs off. i closed my eyes, relaxed, going to sleep.

12:05am
i couldn't sleep. and i wasn't sure why. i just couldn't. i had been tossing and turning for the last fucking half hour but i couldn't fall asleep.
i decided to go on my phone, it's not like i had school tomorrow anyways. i scrolled on tiktok for a bit, before feeling my eyes begin to droop. i turned my phone off, and tried falling asleep again. but nothing. nothing was working.

12:46am
i was beginning to get very annoyed and fed up now. i was getting really hot as well, and i just wanted to fall asleep.
i slowly got out of bed, holding my phone, and headed down the stairs to nicks room. i knocked on his door, quietly.
"come in" he softly replied. i opened the door, looking at him. he was lying on his bed on his phone under the covers. it was dark in his room, apart from the light from the street outside,
"hey you okay?" he asked
"i cant sleep. i don't know why" i said "and i feel really hot".
he thought for a second
"you wanna sleep in here with me?" he asked.
"yes please"
he moved up the bed, and patted the space next to him, indicating for me to come over, i shut his door and came over, putting my phone on the side.
"i'll turn the ac up, it'll cool you down" he said, lifting up the remote to the air conditioning and turning it higher. i got under the covers, shuffling closer to nick. he put his arm around me.
" you can rest your head on my chest if that helps, sweetheart"
i did so, as he gave me head scratches. i could already feel myself drifting off.
"just try to fall asleep. think of nice.. relaxing things" he said, tracing his fingers through my hair. "we don't need to wake up early tomorrow. we got the whole day here. so you can just sleep."
"love you nick" i sleepily mumbled.
"i love you more, bub. now get some good sleep" he said, continuing to play with my hair. nick felt so warm and cozy, i could hear his heartbeat which relaxed me and i felt his chest rise and fall. and before i knew it i was asleep.

(11:08am)
i woke up, rubbing my eyes. i looked over at nick, who was still sleeping.
i could hear noise from the kitchen, but i didn't know who it was because no one was talking.
i went on my phone onto tiktok, and just scrolled through my for you page for like 15 minutes, before i started to get hungry. i headed to the kitchen, no one was there. i decided to make myself some pancakes.

once i finished making the pancakes, i poured some maple syrup over them and put some raspberries and blueberries on the side, then sat down and started to eat it.
chris came in the room when i was halfway through my pancakes. his hair was wet and he had a towel around his neck. he'd obviously just showered.
"good morning" he said, walking over to the fridge. i didn't answer because i was still eating the pancakes. he looked in the fridge.
"damnnn where's all the pepsi gone"
i looked up at him
"pepsi?? at 11am??"
"shut up maddie" he laughed, looking back at me and closing the fridge. he came over to me, eyeing the pancakes. "those look good"
i nodded, chewing them
"they are" i replied. he stayed there, staring at me.
"can you.. like.. make me some-"
"NO chris" i said, laughing, making him jump back laughing too.
"alright.. alright.. calm down kid" he chuckled.
i went to the living room whilst chris ate his breakfast in the kitchen, and matt joined him a few minutes later. nick was still asleep i think. matt didnt notice me because he didn't go in the living room.

chris joined me on the sofa a few minutes later, going on his phone, whilst i continued to scroll through tiktok.
i was pretty relaxed, until i came across a disgusting video. a video that made my stomach drop.
it was a video of sophie from her tiktok account, with like five girls from the cheerleading team all hugging and dancing together. the caption was "the only people i need in my life." that made me fucking angry.
but why did i care so much?? it's not like i cared about her? i didn't want her in my life, so why am i pissed that she doesn't want me in hers?
my leg was bouncing, as i took some deep breaths, replaying the video all over again.
chris looked over at me, noticing my leg was bouncing.
"you good?" he asked. i didn't answer, just looking at my phone in disgust. "maddie-"
he came over to sit next to me, as i quickly turned my phone off.
"yeah, i'm fine" i said, looking at him.
"then why'd you turn your phone off when i came over"
"nothing, i'm just-" i stood up "it's nothing, i'm gonna go get ready"
i walked out the room and went to my bedroom to get ready for the day, trying to forget about sophie.

heyyy! thank u so much for almost 2k reads i am so happy aaaa, and also for number 2 #sturniolotriplets 😮😮
ALSO I HOPE ANYONE WHO IS GOING TO MEET THE TRIPLETS, MALCOLM AND TRILLY ON THE TOUR HAVE AN AMAZING TIME!!!!
i'm so fucking jealous if i could i would go, but i live in london.😓😓😓please tell me there's someone out there who can't go and also feels my pain. but i cant wait to see everyone's photos of them meeting the triplets and i am so happy for them and anyone going <33 i hope they come to the uk/europe oneday 😭😭