6 - i'm so proud of you

(it's the next week now, exactly a week after high school started)

8:45am
matt dropped me off at school, surprisingly enough, considering he didn't normally get up until my school was done for the day. he gave me a kiss on the forehead, as i jumped out the car and walked into school. i was feeling a little less nervous now, seeing as i had been here for a full week already. i didn't know where sophie was, she wasn't answering my texts, so i decided to message her again when i got into the building.

sophhh😤😤😤

     You: sophhhhiiiieeeeeee
You: where tf are u bro
You: i j got into skl

"BOO" someone shouted right into my ear. i jumped what felt like 50 feet into the air, turning around. it was just sophie.
"holy shit sophie, don't do that, you gave me a heart attack" i panted, putting my hand on my chest. she laughed hysterically
"oh my god i need to tell you something" she said, suddenly stopping with the laughter and grabbing my hands
"what is it??"
"i got into the cheer team!!!!"
"WHAT??? oh my god no way!!! congratulations!!!"
we both jumped up and down, squealing in excitement. i hugged her.
"oh my god i'm so happy for you!!"
"i love you mads" she smiled, patting my back. "i'm so glad i have such a supportive best friend here by my side. you better watch us someday!"
i chuckled, as we began to walk down the corridor to homeroom.
"you bet i will"

9:07am
homeroom was loud, but that was okay. me and sophie were on our phones in our usual seats at the back, laughing at like 50 different memes i had shown her on my phone.
"maddie where do you even find all of these stuff??" she asked, practically crying from laughter as she wiped her eyes. i was laughing so much i could barely breathe
"i wish i knew" i wheezed, literally gasping for air.
"alright, 9th grade, i need you all to listen up. stop talking everyone!!" our teacher said, obviously getting annoyed at how loud our class was. we all stopped talking, focusing our attention to her.
"thank you." she began. "right, good morning everyone. i have some awards to give out to some students in this class.. i'm going to start with some certificates for girls who got into the cheerleading team.."
sophie immediately looked at me, looking excited. i shared the excitement with her, happy for her.
"alright.. sophie hess, annabelle dodd, chloe schulman, and anna dickens! please can you girls come to the front so i can give you your certificates"
everyone clapped as they all stood up and went to the front. i didn't really know who the other girls were, i was only clapping for sophie.
miss gave sophie her certificate, giving her a warm smile. i could see the other girls congratulating sophie too, looking happy for her. sophie smiled back at them, i think she congratulated them too. they were talking for like ten seconds before sophie made her way back to her seat, showing me the certificate with pride.
"i'm so proud of you, soph" i smiled.
i watched as the other girls received their certificates. they were all so.. pretty... they all looked worthy of being on that cheer team. i looked at sophie. she was fucking stunning as well.
shit. i really need to stop comparing myself to sophie. i don't know why i keep doing this. i never used to compare myself to her this much.
the other girls looked like bitches though. i think i got an idea of which one was annabelle. she had long, light brown curly hair, freckles, and her eyes were heavily lined with black eyeliner. she was wearing a light blue hoodie and a pair of denim jeans. i couldn't tell which of the other two were chloe and anna.
the bell for first period rung, and me and sophie headed to our lesson. we were in nearby classrooms, i had art (my fav) and she had maths, which was in the opposite corridor. i waved goodbye to her, but i got cut off by a group of other girls, who approached sophie and started making conversation with her. sophie looked very happy to talk to them. i guessed that they were also part of the cheer team, and they were congratulating her or something. i didn't think much of it. i was still super super happy for her, as i made my way into the classroom, closing the door behind me.