8 - dizzy

1:22pm
it was lunch now. i was starving. i looked at my phone, i had received some messages from sophie, sent to me at the end of break. i didn't see it before.

sophhh😤😤😤

sophhh😤😤😤: hey where'd u go??
sophhh😤😤😤: what lessons do u have next
sophhh😤😤😤: maaadddiiiieeeeeeee
sophhh😤😤😤: snsnsjjsjsjwjsjjsja
sophhh😤😤😤: ok well i got biology then humanities
sophhh😤😤😤: meet me outside classroom 76, that's where i'll be bc idk what u have now
sophhh😤😤😤: c yaaaa

okay. room 76. i was in room 3 now, so her room was like three floors up.
i headed to the elevator, because there was no no way i was walking up three flights of stairs.
i finally got to classroom 76, but no one was in there, again..
sophie said earlier that she 'forgot we were meeting.' but what else would she be doing? i knew she was with her new cheer friends. i was beginning to get sick of this. now sophie could be anywhere in this school.

i headed to the bathroom, and began freaking out. i messaged her.

sophhh😤😤😤

You: sophie
You: where are u
You: u told me to meet u outside ur classroom but no one was there again
You: hello??

i shook off the uneasy feeling i had, and made my way to the cafeteria.
i got my tray and served myself some pasta. most of the food had gone by now, but when i turned around to look for a seat, i saw sophie sitting down at a table with all the cheer girls. i froze. the sick feeling i got came back. my breathing started to get uneven.
what the fuck? this girl just ditched me? for them?
i wasn't having lunch in this room. i was pissed. i didn't want to be anywhere near her. i abandoned my tray of food on a nearby table, and left the cafeteria.
i walked down the hall back to the bathroom and locked myself in a cubicle, and sat down on the seat. thoughts were racing through my mind. i didn't feel well.
chill out, maddie. you're being overdramatic. you don't deserve to be mad at her. you're just mad she has friends, and you don't.
as much as i tried to convince myself this was the case, i wanted to go home. but my brothers were never gonna pick me up after i 'flooded' the bathroom. that was bullshit. i bet it wasn't even flooded. it was probably like one drop of water.
i hated the thought of walking home by myself instead of being in a car, safe with my brothers. i couldn't tell them that though. they would think i'm being dramatic..

2:50pm
i had been in the nurses office for the past two periods, and said i felt dizzy. she let me sit down and gave me a cup of water. school would be over in literally ten minutes. i felt like a pussy for not going to my class all because of that one minor inconvenience at lunch, but it was true that i did feel kind of dizzy, and if i did go to my classes i wouldn't be able to focus the whole time. sophie still hadn't seen my messages, or replied. i really didn't want to walk home because of how unwell i felt.

STURNS😳🥵❤️🍕🦄💤

You: guys pls can u pick me up
You: or at least one of u
You: i'm really sorry for the whole bathroom thing
You: i feel so dizzy i was in the nurses office for the last two periods

matt❤️❤️❤️: Alright fine I will drive to ur school now
matt❤️❤️❤️: You got any water you can sip on?

You: thank u so much and no i drank it all

matt❤️❤️❤️: K I'll bring u some

i sighed in relief. walking home in this heat would probably be enough to make me pass out.
i said thank you to the nurse, then headed out. the hallways were getting busy now as friendship groups gathered for the end of the day. i walked down the corridor with my phone in my hand. matt said he would be here in one minute. i spotted sophie walking in the opposite direction to me, talking to emerald.
ugh. the sooner i got out of here, the better.
"maddie!" sophie exclaimed. i looked at her, acting as if i just noticed her. she came up to me
"maddie i'm so sorry i didn't meet you again- the cheer girls completely dragged me into the cafeteria so i had no choice but to go with th"-
"sophie. it's fine, don't worry. i get it" i replied, smiling.
bitchhhh what the fuck are you talking about? it's not okay at all. you practically almost had a panic attack when you saw that girl with other people who weren't you. you're too nice. you need to be honest.
"ah, thank you so much mads!!" she said, hugging me. "i knew you'd be understanding. see you tomorrow!!"
"bye" i smiled quietly, watching her walk down the hall. that didn't really make me feel much better.
she basically just admitted that she preferred them to me. they 'dragged her away'?? wasn't she the one who told me to stand up for myself? then why couldn't she tell them she was waiting for me?
i sighed, upset, as my phone beeped. i got a message from matt

matt❤️❤️❤️

I'm here

ok coming

i left the building and saw matts van outside, waiting for me. he waved at me from inside. i got into the passenger seat next to him, closing the door
"hey" he said, passing me the water bottle. i nodded, taking the bottle and drinking some. it was nice and cold. "you okay?"
i nodded
"you sure?"
"yeah. i'm fine."
matt nodded unconvinced, driving out of the school.
"rough day?
i nodded. tears came to my eyes but i tried to blink them away.
bro why the fuck was i about to start crying now? i didn't deserve to cry, i had no reason to cry.
i didn't want to break down crying in matts car. i looked out the window to distract myself, pressing my tongue against the roof of my mouth. i felt matts hand rubbing my shoulder. he obviously knew something was up. i wasn't going to tell him about sophie. i didn't want him to dislike her when it was mainly my own fault for being so petty.
"you wanna talk about it?" he asked in a calm voice, focused on the road. i shook my head, tears falling down my face. i wiped them away quickly. the rest of the car journey was pretty quiet, apart from matt talking to me about his day to try and distract me. i had practically drunk the whole water bottle within five minutes. i still felt pretty light headed. more light headed than i felt before i got in the car.
matt pulled up in our driveway, as i slowly took my seat belt off, as he did his too. we both got out the car and headed to the front door. he searched for his keys in his pocket, whilst he said, "why don't you take a nap when you get inside?"
"do you think i should?"
"yeah" he said, unlocking the front door. "you'll feel better when you wake up. i can wake you up when dinner is ready"
"okay, thanks matt" i said, exhausted. the door unlocked, as i rushed inside and knelt on the floor and took my shoes off. i quickly stood back up, as my head begun to spin because of how quickly i got up. i almost tripped over, but matt caught me.
"woah, steady there" matt chuckled "hold my hand so you don't fall down the stairs"
i held onto matts hand, weakly, as we went up the stairs to my room. we went past chris' room, who was lying on his bed on his phone.
"hi maddie!!!!" he shouted, super loudly.
"chris. shh" matt replied, going past his room.
we got to my room and i slowly got into bed as matt helped put the blanket over me.
"i'll go get you some more water yeah?"
i nodded, as he stroked my head.

he came back after two minutes with a bottle of ice cold water. i started drinking some and started to feel a lot better. maybe i was just dehydrated. i don't know what it was.
"you get some good rest, ok?"
"i will" i nodded
"alright" matt replied, kissing my forehead "hope you feel better soon, mads"
he stood up and gently closed my door, as i drifted off to sleep.