79- reunited

(continuing - maddie's pov)
"MACY!!!"
my family all were looking shocked but full of joy at the same time for me. chris' jaw was basically dropped to the floor.
"maddie, look i'm really sorry for not answering your messages. i'm sorry for fucking ghosting you and being such a shit best friend." she began, and i could hear her voice trembling on the other side of the line. she took a moment. "everything has just been so hard for me recently and i've been feeling so fucking alone and deserted in this new place which doesn't feel like home at all. i miss boston, and i miss you. i miss every fucking thing about boston, even that goddamn high school.. i hate to say it."
i let out a laugh, as a tear rolled down my face. i wiped it away with my sleeve.
"i hope you can forgive me for being a fucking dumbass, though. i've probably made you so worried, i don't know what the fuck i was thinking."
nooo. me? worried? i was absolutely fine actually!
just kidding. worried is an understatement.
"of course i forgive you, macy. and yeah. you got me SUPER fucking worried. i was worried something super bad happened to you, and that i would lose my best friend for the millionth time." i explained, and then i smiled. "but now that she's back, i'm wonderful."
i heard her laughing from the other end, and i laughed too.
god, i missed that laugh.
"i probably should've checked the weather before i ran off.." she murmured. and i BURST into a fit of laughter. it wasn't even that funny, but i was just so glad that my best friend was alright. so to me, it was funny.
"i love you, macy."
"i love you more, maddie."
AAAAAAHHHHHH. SHES OKAY. SHES OKAY!!!!! IM OKAY!!
"so what's happening? where are you now, then?" i asked.
"well. i'm in ohio." she stated. i sniggered, before she interrupted me- "DON'T make ANY jokes right now."
"so how the fuck are you gonna get back to nebraska, then?"
there was a moment of silence.
"well, maddie.. i'm not actually going back to nebraska.."
what? why?
"i'm coming back home. back to boston."

(the next morning, 8am - maddie)
since macy called last night, i feel like i've been living in a dream. nothing feels real right now.. i can't believe it. she's coming home to us. today.
i barely slept last night because of how excited i was. i had moved places from my bed to the sofa, along with trevor, and i could smell the pancakes my mom was making for me in the kitchen.
macy and i had been messaging all night; her mom had managed to get her on a flight to boston and she was supposed to be getting to our house at around 9-10am.

macy<3

macy: AHHH MADDIE
IM OFF THE PLANEEENENNENE

You: OMGOMGGGGG YESSSS
I CANNOT WAIT BRUH
HOW LONG UNTIL UR GONNA BE AT MY PLACE??

macy: I THINK LIKE AN HOUR?
IMA BE AS QUICK AS I CAN
i'm gonna give u the fattest hug ever.

You: i'm gonna give u an even FATTER hug

then, all of a sudden, my phones screen went blank. my phone had died, right when i was about to send another message.
great. now how was i supposed to know where macy was.
my eyes were really beginning to get heavy as the all nighter i had unintentionally completed begun to catch up to me. i looked down at trevor, my eyes closing, as he licked my cheek. but i was so sleepy.
what harm can a 20 minute nap do.
and with that, i slowly lay myself on my side against the warm, fluffy pillows, trevor perched beside me, and closed my eyes, succumbing to sleep at last.

(30 mins later - maddie)
"maddie..."
"maaaaddieeee.."
"MADDIE!! WAKE UP!!"
my eyes slowly fluttered open. i groaned at the harsh light which was hurting my eyes, and as my vision begun to become clearer, i could just make out my mom.. with another girl standing over me.. a blonde girl.. curly hair.. green eyes, and-
macy?
"MADDIE!! HI!!!!" she shouted, smiling wider than i'd ever seen her smile in my whole life. "it's me. did you miss me?"
i lay still, in shock, before rapidly raising my arms to macy's height and pulling her down onto the sofa with me, hugging her the HARDEST i had ever hugged someone ever.
we all started laughing, hoping that we weren't suffocating trevor or anything. but then i started tearing up, and i think she noticed because she held me even tighter and started to run her hands through my hair.
"oh, maddie." she gently murmured.
"never. EVER do that again, macy." i sniffled.
"i will never. i never want to hurt you ever again. i love you so so much."
my mom then joined the hug, gently rubbing my back, which made both of us laugh, as well as my mom.
"you girls are meant for each other. you make each other so happy. i'm so glad you both have each other." she beamed at us warmly. "take care of each other from now on."
"of course, mom." i replied, slowly sitting up, holding macy's hand, and with the other hand i took her suitcase. "let's go up to my room."

we got up to my room, and had passed my brothers bedrooms which were closed because they were all still asleep. i slumped macy's bags down on the floor, turning my LEDs on blue. i rubbed my eyes, and yawned.
"i am exhausted, bro. thanks to you messaging me all night." i joked.
"oh, okay maddie. i get how it is. i'll just leave and go back to nebraska then-" she teased, opening the door, before i immediately grabbed her arm.
"no- you're not going anywhere, i want you here" i chuckled, sleepily. "can we just lie down for a bit? then do something fun later?"
she nodded, yawning too.
"i'm kinda tired too, to be honest. haven't slept properly in days." she confessed, giving me a warm smile, which i exchanged. "let's take a nap?"
i nodded in response, pulling back the covers for us to get under. macy got in first, then i did, pulling the covers back over us. the bed felt so cozy. it always was. but knowing that everything was okay now made it 60x more cozy.
i slowly shifted closer to macy, resting my head on her chest as she ran her hands through my hair. i begun to doze off, the soft rhythm of her hands lulling me to sleep, as i heard her faintly whisper,
"i've missed you, maddie."