13 - toy story + nate

4:54pm
me and marylou had spent the last hour and a half cuddled up on the sofa, watching toy story 3 because i love that film. she was leaving the house now to go meet some of her friends in the mall, so i was home alone with trevor. (sorry i keep forgetting to mention trevor in the story LMAOO i'll try to from now)
i carried trevor up to my room and shut the door. i was literally so tired. the film had made me even more tired, reminding me of when i was a child and watched disney films with my brothers. i smiled, thinking of how lucky i was to have such an amazing family. and i was so excited to hang with macy tomorrow. she made me feel happy, compared to how sophie made me feel.
i lay on my bed and got under the covers. trevor lay at the bottom of my bed, and i put my LEDs on turquoise. it was getting dark outside, only because of the rain. it was basically a storm, just wind and rain though. no thunder and lightning luckily because i hated all of that. i don't know how my brothers and dad were gonna be golfing in the rain, but oh well.

i was scrolling through tiktok, my eyes drooping, when i got an email notification, from mr jackson.

From: Mr. Jackson
To: Maddie Sturniolo
Subject: Todays art lesson

Dear Maddie,
I was sad to see you were not in class today! Hoping everything is okay.
I have attached some images of leaves to this email, as today in class we sketched and painted photos of leaves, incase you wanted to catch up. By the way, your flower paintings last week were PHENOMENAL and they have been hung up in the corridor.
Hope to see you next lesson!
Best wishes,
Mr Jackson

i smiled
he was the best teacher ever

that was the last thing i remember before falling asleep.

(nicks pov, 6:23pm)
we had just finished golf and were heading back home now. we were gonna order canes for dinner as we were all starving, and soaked. it wasn't raining when we started golf because it stopped, but after our first round it started POURING. we were all freezing so dad turned the heating on in the car. i sat in the front whilst nate, matt and chris sat in the back. the drive back home was funny, with dad making jokes and all of us singing songs that were playing.
we got home, and mom was out. i couldn't see maddie anywhere so just assumed she was in her room. dad went to his room to take a shower, and we all went up to chris' room to steal some of his warm clothes. we went past maddies room on the way up. i couldn't hear anything going on inside, so once everyone had gone into chris' room i slowly creaked open the door.
i saw maddie asleep, with trev sleeping at the bottom of the bed.
adorable.
i smiled, before slowly shutting the door again. matt and chris were fighting in the hallway because matt stole the hoodie chris wanted to wear.
"no matt it's MINE so GIVE IT BACK!!" chris shouted, trying to pull his hoodie out of matts hands.
"CHRIS. SHHHH" i whisper shouted, pointing at maddies room. "she's sleeping"
they stayed still, then nodded. then we all went back into chris' room.

(maddie's pov, 7:57pm)
i woke up, and i was super hungry.
jeez, how long was i asleep for
trevor was still asleep at the bottom of my bed. i got out of bed and went to my mirror. my hair was messy and my makeup was all smudged. i could smell chicken, so i opened my door and went downstairs. trevor followed me.
to my surprise, nate and my brothers were in the kitchen.
i forgot nate was over. i looked so fucking awful
"look who finally woke up!" nick said, as everyone turned their heads to me. they all smiled when they saw me.
"hey maddie!" nate smiled, opening his arms for me to hug him.
"hii" i replied, embarrassed at how much of a mess i looked. he gave me a hug and patted my back,
"how you been?" he asked
i stayed with all of them whilst i ate my canes. i didn't realise but nick had ordered for me. we then went to chris' room and just hung out. i hadn't seen nate in ages but we were all having a good time. matt told me about how nick fell over on the rain and got soaked. i laughed so hard i was practically crying.
"matt, shut up! it actually really hurt, i have a massive bruise on my hip now-" he said, about to lift his shirt up. matt and chris squinted, looking the other way.
"ew, nick, no one wants to see that" chris laughed. i was literally pissing my pants from laughter.
nate left at around 10, and surprisingly i fell asleep quite quickly, considering i'd been sleeping for most of the evening. i guess i was just sleep deprived from yesterday.