20 - friday

(11:03am, maddie's pov)
i woke up to matt playing with my hair. i saw nick infront of me sitting on the edge of my bed, talking to matt.
"jesus. wow, that's horrible" nick replied, then looking at me, "good morning sweetie, did you sleep okay?"
he rustled his hands through my hair, as i groaned and buried my head in matt's shoulder, shutting my eyes.
"it's okay, you can sleep for a bit longer bub" matt said, continuing to talk to nick, but quieter so they didn't disturb me.
chris came in shortly after, asking everyone what we wanted to eat for breakfast because he was going to order from starbucks. he saw me sleeping then quietened his voice. i wasn't fully asleep, i was half asleep, but i was listening to them. i heard matt and nick say what they wanted and matt ordered me a chocolate crossaint and an iced coffee because he knew i liked it.

(11:34am)
starbucks had arrived, and chris gently tapped me awake, helping me get out of bed. i put my hood up because i looked fucking awful. my eyes were all puffy from crying and i was still feeling really down. i wasn't feeling too hungry. i felt like i was gonna start tearing up again.
matt and nick had already gone downstairs and chris was taking me downstairs.
"matt ordered you a chocolate crossaint and an iced coffee, is that fine?"
i nodded, as he rubbed my shoulder and gave me a sympathetic smile. i got downstairs and nick gave me my order.
"thanks guys" i said, sitting down and eating it. they sat down with me.
"you feeling any better?" chris asked. i could tell he was genuinely concerned for me by the amount of times he asked if i was okay.
"yeah, a bit, thank you" i replied. the crossaint was so good.
"what do you wanna do today? you wanna do something fun?" matt asked.
"sure, i don't mind. what do you guys wanna do?" i asked
"whatever you wanna do" nick replied, sipping his root beer. "
i stared at him, clueless.
"i don't mind, anything honestly" i smiled. i could see matt smiling.
"we can go for a drive? and go get lunch somewhere nice?"
"ooh, yeah that sounds good" i replied
"alright, what do you fancy?"
"ummmm.."
i fancied pasta to be honest
"italian food" i replied. they all started talking together in agreement, making me laugh.
"there's a really nice italian restaurant like 20 minutes away we can go there? it's fucking amazing we went with alahna like two weeks ago" matt explained. i nodded.
"okay, yeah let's go there!"
"perfect"

(2:34pm)
we had just gotten in the car and were headed to the italian restaurant. the reason we were going so late was because we had a late breakfast so that meant we needed to have a late lunch, meaning dinner would be even later.
i was sat in the back with nick, whilst matt drove us and chris sat in the passenger seat. chris, obviously, queued all the songs in the car. but it was fine, he had good music taste anyways. the whole time chris was just screaming the lyrics, making matt not be able to focus on the road. we were at a red light when chris' singing got too much for matt.
"CHRIS!!! STOP!!!!" matt screamed, making chris jump as he laughed. "i cant fucking concentrate on the road!! please stop"
chris was laughing so hard.
"chris, please stop. we wanna make it to the restaurant without getting into a crash" nick said, leaning forward and putting his hand on chris' shoulder.
the light turned green, as matt continued to drive.
"jeez nick, that makes me feel so much better about driving now that you've said that" matt mumbled, focusing back on the road. chris was still dying of laughter, as he muttered 'sorry'.

we got to the restaurant, and sat at a table for us 4. it was really nice inside, and it smelt AMAZING. i could smell pizza, pasta, garlic bread, pretty much everything italian.
"kinda ironic we're at an italian restaurant whilst mom and dad are in italy" matt mentioned, making us all chuckle.
"wow matt" chris laughed.
i ordered fettuccine alfredo (my childhood favourite), nick ordered penne pomodoro, and matt and nick shared a pepperoni pizza. we also all ordered cheesy garlic bread to start with.

"i'm literally so excited to just eat this food" i said, my mouth almost watering.
"same holy shit" matt replied.
"this restaurant does it amazing every time" chris mentioned, as the garlic bread arrived. we all thanked the waiter, as we dug in. it tasted SO. GOOD.
"oh my god. this is fucking amazing" chris said, his mouth full of food
"chris, don't talk with your mouth full. that's gross" nick chuckled, patting chris on the chest.

not long later, the main courses came. i finished all my food super quickly, as my brothers were still eating.
"jeez maddie how are you done already?" nick asked. i laughed.
"i was really hungry"

on the way home it had started to rain, so we had to run to the car. chris sheltered me from the rain as we ran, because he knew how much i hated my hair getting wet.
we stopped at a nearby mcdonald's on the way home just to get desert. chris ordered two chocolate chip cookies, matt got a vanilla milkshake, nick got a chocolate milkshake and i got an m&m mcflurry.
we all ate (or drank) our deserts and drove home. the rain was super relaxing. chris thankfully wasn't screaming his songs on the way home. we were all just talking about random, calm things. nick was going on a rant about how he thought he saw a bird in his room in the middle of the night but it was just matt stealing his charger. we all laughed.
"nick, first of all, don't you even fucking try that, i look nothing like a bird" matt laughed, defending himself. i was laughing so hard i thought i might pee myself.
"well i had just woken up so how was i supposed to know!!" nick shouted back. me and chris were in tears laughing. this continued for around five more minutes until we got home. my eye makeup was smudged from laughing so much. not complaining though, that was the most fun i'd had all week, and i was so great full for my brothers for making it happen. i felt so much better than yesterday.
as we got to the front door, i thanked my brothers and hugged them.
"awwww" chris replied, patting me on the back.
"anytime, sweetie. i'm so glad you're feeling better" nick responded. we all got inside and took our shoes off, then the rest of the day we spent watching films in the living room with trevor, and we ordered canes (again) for dinner, but not until like 9 because we were still full from lunch.
we were in the middle of watching the elvis presley film, but i had fallen asleep on nicks shoulder. he had also fallen asleep, and chris and matt were lying on the other sofa asleep too.
overall, it was my favourite day. i would redo it all over again.