4 - drive home

3pm
it was the end of the school day, and i was now headed to the car park where my brothers were in matts van. they had messaged me 5 minutes ago saying they were waiting for me

STURNS😳🥵❤️🍕🦄💤

matt❤️❤️❤️: Hey kid we're waiting outside for u

You: cominggg

i walked through the not so busy corridors outside to the car park. suddenly, it felt much hotter than it was earlier. i had said goodbye and good luck to sophie a few minutes ago for her cheer tryouts. she was all dressed up in the cheer uniform. she looked fucking gorgeous. i knew she would make the team. and good for her if she did, she deserves it.
as i went outside i checked the weather app on my phone, which read 82 degrees fahrenheit. yikes, i didn't realise how hot it was gonna get. at least i was going into an air conditioned car now though.
i looked around, hesitatingly, for matts van. it was white, but there were a whole fucking bunch of white vans out here.
i paced up and down the car park for a minute, before finally spotting the van. i sped to the car and got into the back, smiling, as i was greeted by the cool breeze coming out the vents in the car.
"heyyy lil rockstar" chris smiled, turning around and scruffing my hair, as i smiled.
"hiii" i replied, so much less anxious now that was in a car with my brothers. matt gave me a warm smile, as nick pulled me into his chest, giving me a hug. he took my bag off my back, as matt started to drive out the car park.
"how was your first day of high school?" nick asked, as i buckled my seatbelt.
"it was actually way better than i thought it would be"
"yeah?" chris grinned happily, looking at me through the rear view mirror.
"mhm" i smiled back.
"aw i'm so glad" nick replied
"how's sophie?" matt asked, turning a corned
"she's good, i asked her if she wanted to come round after school but she's trying out for the cheer team"
"WHAT?" chris replied, turning around, as if i'd just confessed to murder. i could see matt in shock too through the rear view mirror.
"yeah, i dunno if she knows what she's in for"
"bro, in high school, only the popular girls in our grade were on the cheer team, and they were the most fucking annoying people in the whole school" matt chuckled
"yeah, i think i already have a rough idea of whose popular in my grade. there are some really annoying people too."
"was everyone nice to you?" nick asked
i nodded, smiling at him.
"yeah, just the odd harassment from a few girls begging me to get you guys to follow their instagrams"
they all laughed
"just ignore them, maddie, it's gonna happen a lot, but do your best just to block it out" chris said, downing a pack of grape nerds. i smiled, right as matt pulled up in the driveway.