11 - home

12:08pm
me and matt had just finished eating our mcdonald's. boy i fucking needed that. i hadn't eaten mcdonald's in AGES and it tasted just perfect. matt ordered chicken nuggets, fries and a coca cola and i ordered the same. matt kept stealing my fries.
"stop it matt!" i whined "you're like chris when he stole my pasta."
matt laughed, going back on his phone. i looked at him, thinking of how to say this without sounding cheesy.
"thank you so much for everything." i said. he looked at me. "i seriously don't know what i would do if i didn't have you."
matt smiled.
"you don't have to say thank you. anytime" he smiled, as he hugged me over the cup holders. "it's basically my job as your older brother to make sure you're okay."
i smiled, nodding.
"let's go home, yeah?" he said, starting to drive out of the car park, focusing back on the road.
"mhm" i replied. "is mom home?"
"i... don't know" he replied "she wasn't there when i left but she might be back now"
"oh no she's gonna get so pissed at me for leaving early" i said, realisation suddenly hitting me that the school would of probably emailed her by now. matt looked at me for a split second.
"she won't. trust me, alright? i've been in your position before. i can explain to her."
i nodded, opening my phone. i hadn't been on my phone since i messaged matt when i was leaving school earlier. i had a LOT of messages from nick and chris, one from mom, an email from the office at school, and.. macy?

macyyyy wants to be your friend!

i looked at her snapchat profile. her surname was brown. okay. macy brown. i knew her name now. i immediately added her back with no hesitation. i needed to thank her from earlier.

macyyyy

You: hey i just wanted to say thank you so much for helping me in maths earlier. ik i ran out and everything but if it weren't for u i think i would've passed out. i appreciate you sm<33

she wasn't gonna see this yet because she probably had class right now. i opened the email from the school reception.

From: Somerville High School Reception
To: Maddie Sturniolo
Subject: Absent periods 3-4

Dear Maddie Sturniolo,
You have been marked as absent in periods 3 (history) and 4 (drama). Is everything ok? Please let us know where are you are and if there is anything we can do to help.
Kindest regards,
Reception

i aired that. i was just gonna get my mom to email. i decided to message my mom to let her know i was with matt.

mom💕🤍🥰

mom💕🤍🥰: Sweetie is everything okay?
mom💕🤍🥰: School just called me up - they said you've been absent for the last two periods?
mom💕🤍🥰: Just checked your location and you are not in school.. what is going on??

You: sorry mom. i had a really bad anxiety attack during my second period and during break matt picked me up.
You: we are driving home now, we just had mcdonald's. i'm really sorry mom i just couldn't stay in school any longer i was so overwhelmed. i didn't have time to sign out because i couldn't breathe.

i then opened nick and chris' messages

nickkk<33

nickkk<33: Hey Matt picked u up right?
nickkk<33: Just thought I should say I hope you're doing okay. If anything's happened recently that's upset you or made you feel anxious I just want you to know that you can always always always talk to me. I don't care what time of day it is.. midnight or whatever.. you can speak to me about anything. I love you. You mean so much to me❤️❤️

You: i love you too nick. thank you<333 this means so much to me.
You: and yes matt picked me up, we're driving home now. i feel better.

chrissy💛💛

chrissy💛💛: Hey
chrissy💛💛: You ok?
chrissy💛💛: Nick told me Matt went to pick you up
chrissy💛💛: U wanna help me bake brownies when you get back for nate's birthday? To cheer you up?

(ik nates birthday is in august, just pretend it's a day after this is happening)

You: yeah i'm better now, thank u chris❤️
You: omg yeah i would love to

"are you guys going to golf later?" i asked matt. we were almost there.
"yeah, but don't worry, not until 3. but we'll be back at 6 and nate is coming over"

we arrived home, and got out the car. matt was unlocking the front door, when i suddenly remembered-
"wait, matt" i suddenly said. he turned to look at me, pausing.
"yeah?"
"please can you not tell anyone about sophie. i don't want it to get even worse."
he looked at me thinking, then nodded.
"thank you"
we got inside and i took my shoes off. i was so tired but wanted to still help chris make brownies. i went upstairs to the kitchen, where nick and chris were. i gave a weak smile.
"maddieeeee" nick exclaimed, smiling, coming over to me and bringing me into a hug. i laughed, as he rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head. "oh my god i was so worried about you sweetheart. are you feeling ok?"
i nodded.
"yeah. i feel much better now. i'm just happy i'm home"
"i'm happy your home too. i love you" nick said, before chris took over and gave me a massive hug, rubbing my shoulder. i gently pulled away after, and we made eye contact.
"you sure you're feeling okay now?" he asked
"yes. i promise" i smiled. he smiled back.
"let's make some brownies, ok?"
i nodded.
"cant wait"
he chuckled, scruffing my hair, walking over to the fridge to get the ingredients.