72 - brunch + target

(6 mins later - maddie)
i couldn't feel my legs. but my stomach was killing me and this car ride had been going on for ages.
i opened the window, in need for some fresh air.
"how much longer?" i asked, my voice barely above a whisper.
matt looked at me in the overhead mirror again, "not long. 5 more minutes."
i nodded, not sure if i could wait that long but i had no energy to argue. i put my hand over my stomach, feeling another sudden rush of pain. nick glanced at me.
"what's wrong with you today?" he asked. i waved my hand in his face.
"nick, please stop. i'm fine. just stop talking." i groaned, squeezing my eyes shut and just waiting for the pain to subside.
"okay.." he remarked, returning his focus back to his phone.
chris turned around to look at me, then laughed.
"what is this kid doing, bro. why is she meditating-"
"STOP IT CHRIS!!" i shouted back, hitting his arm.
"enough!! both of you, just stop arguing. please. what is the problem, maddie??" matt demanded, looking at me in the overhead mirror again.
"can you please just tell them to shut up. i have a headache." i requested, quietening down.
"ok. guys, you heard her." matt responded, before there was a brief moment of silence as i glanced out the window. "just no more arguing. please."

we finally arrived at the restaurant; a nice diner. never heard of it before, but it seemed decent. it was more of a brunch i guess, but i didn't even have an appetite right now.
we all got out the car, but as soon as my feet hit the ground, they were dead.
"oh shit" i muttered under my breath, holding onto the car for support.
matt locked the car, then stared at me in confusion.
"what?? my feet are dead."
"told you not to sit like that." he said, walking off. i stared at him in utter annoyance, before rolling my eyes and following along.

(2:13pm - maddie)
i was in slightly less pain than i was in the car on the way here, i had gone to the bathroom as well and everything was good so far. and luckily, my appetite had come back a bit and i had avocado on toast. me and madi also spoke for a bit, and i was debating with myself whether i should tell her about the small crisis i'm currently having.. but then nick interrupted our conversation so i figured it would be best to just keep this to myself. it's a bit TMI.
anyways, now we were heading back to the car and madi was coming with us back home. we were all stuffed.
"oh mannn. that french toast was good." chris sighed, burping. i instantly moved away from him.
"ewwww, chris. get the fuck away." i cringed, getting in the car and sitting back on my knees.
"awww look. she's gonna meditate again." chris said, trying to be funny as he got in the passenger seat. i gave him a stare, and so did matt.
"chris, enough. i want a nice, relaxing drive home now." matt said.
"matt, you're never gonna get that unless you're by yourself, kid." nick said, making everyone laugh.

as we drove out of the car park, chris suddenly said, "oh wait- matt, on the way home can we go to target?? i need to get more of those chips we bought the other day. they're gas."
OMG TARGET.
this was the perfect opportunity for me to buy period stuff!!!!!
"uhh, yeah sure. i don't see why not. is that fine with you guys?" matt asked us three in the back. we all nodded in agreement, as we headed to target.

(at target)
we got into target, and before i knew it chris had already vanished to the chips section.
"he really wants those chips, huh." matt said. "do you need to buy anything?" he asked me.
i looked up at him, almost revealing what i needed to buy, but i kept my guard. "oh, um, y-yeah- i can do it myself though. i'll meet you back in the car in ten minutes."
and then i dashed off. first of all, i was gonna buy some chocolate. because obviously chocolate helps with pain.. well at least for me.. and also because i couldn't just purchase pads. i needed to cover it up with something else too, and make sure i didn't get caught.
i arrived at the chocolate section and bought a big pack of hershey kisses and then just a hershey's milk chocolate bar. next stop, the... that section.
i sped off, trying not to take too long or else someone would go looking for me and find me with the products i was trying to keep hidden.
i arrived at the section and began looking through the selection.
flow... what flow was i? heavy?? medium?? super heavy???
i'll just get super heavy to be on the safe side.
with my left hand, i picked up the super heavy pack, but then i spotted another pack that caught my eye, only because it had a funny photo of a woman on the front. i chuckled, and picked it up with my right hand, dropping the other pack so i could take a photo of the photo to send to macy, because i know she would find it funny, but before i could even take the photo-
"hey mads."
i jumped about FIFTY FUCKING FEET HIGH i thought i was genuinely going to have a heart attack. i spun around, and it was chris, wearing some goofy sunglasses and a weird hat.
"holy shit don't DO that you fucking idiot." i hissed, hiding the pads behind my back.
"do you like my sunglasses? and my hat?" he asked. i stared at them again.
"yes- yes, they're.. they're nice..."
he smiled. "do you think matt and nick would be mad if i bought them?"
can this kid just GO THE FUCK AWAY.
"um... n-no.. w-why would they be m-"
"guys hurry the fuck UP. our parking ticket is gonna expire." nick said, literally appearing out of nowhere.
shit shit shit.
"okayyyy dude we're coming. and i'm buying these." chris responded. "come on, maddie."
i quickly hid the pads in my pocket and followed on to checkout. i didn't know how they didn't notice what section i was standing in, but i guess i got lucky. phew.

we went to the self checkout section, and nick and chris began scanning their stuff. i made sure i went to the furthest away machine as possible from them, and started scanning my things at rapid speed. but of course there was an issue, and the pads weren't scanning. but i was doing the right thing???? i was scanning the fucking bar code????
"fuck" i muttered under my breath, noticing that chris and nick were almost done with their stuff.
"let me help you with that" one of the workers said, approaching me and grabbing the pads out of my hand, making it SO obvious what she was holding.
i smiled awkwardly at her. she took her fucking time scanning that bitch, but eventually she did it.
"thank you" i quickly said, snatching the pads back and throwing them into the plastic bag, along with the chocolate, noticing that chris and nick were approaching me.
"you're welcome. have a nice d-"
i pushed past her and practically sped to the car. it was pouring with rain outside but i had my hood up. and when i got in next to madi, i made sure i didn't leave that plastic bag unattended. because if i did, it was game over. shit, i had gotten so lucky in there.
"what did you buy, maddie?" matt asked from the front. my cheeks flushed red.
"uhhhhhhh...." i began, my mind going blank as i begun to grow increasingly hot. "just some chocolate. that's it."
"that's it? and it took you that fucking long?" he joked. "where's nick and chris?"
as if on que, chris and nick opened the car doors, absolutely drenched.
"holy shit. what happened?? it was such good weather before we went in???" chris panted, closing the door.
"mm." matt hummed in agreement, clicking his seatbelt in. "let's go."

(at home - maddie)
we got home, and as soon as we did i ran to matts room to get some clean underwear and sweatpants and sped to the bathroom with my bag and locked the door.
i emptied the contents of the bag onto the counter and ripped open the pads packet, but as i was opening it.. i noticed something.. the funny photo...
SHIT!!!! I DIDN'T GET THE RIGHT PACK!!!
when chris was talking to me i was so distracted that i forgot to pick the super heavy ones back up. and this pack was for super light flow... i'm fucked. today, chris is by FAR my worst enemy.
i put the pad in my now clean underwear but it was TINY. i don't think that even when i'm on a super light flow i would wear these kinda pads. normally i always wear pads for heavy flow because i'm so scared i will leak and i will be so embarrassed if that EVER happens. i thinks it's by far one of my worst fears. but it was better than a bunch of tissue i guess.
i threw the old pair of underwear in the bin and put my black shorts on top of the machine for washing, and left the bathroom.
being a girl was so stressful.