50 - LA

(1:18am - nick's pov)
me, matt and chris had been out for the night with elmer and nate. we were just hanging at elmer's, all having a good time, when my phone started ringing.
who could be calling me at this time? it's a bit late for that, no?
"who the fucks calling you bro?" chris joked, as i checked my phone. my confusion dissipated when i saw it was laura calling.
oh yeah, it was only 10pm in LA.
"it's just laura. gimme a few minutes" i responded, getting up and excusing myself, as i made my way to another room.
what could laura want at this time?

i answered.
"hey laura, what's up?"
"hi nick, i'm sorry to phone you so late, i hope i didn't disturb anyone-"
"no no, it's completely fine. you didn't disturb anyone. what did you wanna tell me?" i asked, getting curious.
"well.. we have some good news" she began "you remember how there were a few problems in you guys' house back when you were in LA?"

(incase you missed this, bc i said it near the beginning of the book i forgot LMAO, but the reason the triplets had been in boston for so long was bc in the story there were loads of electricity and water problems in their home and it was too complicated to stay in LA and they wanted to be back at home because maddie was starting high school, but whilst they were in boston there was a lot of work being done on their LA home)

i chuckled to myself
"laura, our ceiling practically almost collapsed on us. of course i remember." i joked, as i heard her laugh from the other end.
"yeah.. well, i'm very happy to say that all of the problems have been fixed! the electricity is stronger than ever, and the builders have upgraded the water system in the area to make sure there's no more leaks!" she exclaimed.
omg!!! this was amazing news!!!! finally!!!! we had only been waiting almost a year for this to happen
"holy shit, laura that's amazing!!! oh my gosh- should i tell matt and chris? should i wait?-"
"yes, yes of course you can tell them, we're just wondering when you're gonna be back! we haven't seen you guys since forever!"
i smiled, feeling so much happiness, when i remembered.

oh shit... maddie...
she's gonna be all by herself. fuck fuck fuck. the abandonment issues. how the hell are we supposed to move back across the country without her freaking out? what will she do?? we can't just leave her, it's literally like what she said she was scared of happening. "first sophie, then macy...". but the thing is we NEED to be back in LA for business. with our management team and laura being on the other side of the country, youtube's been fucking difficult. plus, we miss our LA friends. but MADDIE. she comes first. ugh, no one can win in this situation!
shit. this was gonna be a bit of a problem.

"oh, ummm.." i hesitated, as some of my previous excitement began to fade away. "listen, i'll let my brothers know, but i'm not sure when we'll be able to come back yet. it's just turned april now, we will definitely be back in LA at some point in may. we won't be able to come up with a certain date yet."
"that's absolutely fine, nick. just let us know!!" she replied.
"perfect, thank you so much laura for telling me! it's such great news"

i made my way back into the living room where everyone was.
was this the right time to break the news to everyone? or should i wait until we're in the car away from elmer and nate? we'd be headed home soon anyways, we're not gonna stay here the whole night.
"where did you head off to?" matt asked me, as nate, elmer and chris finished a game of uno.
"just got a call. i'll tell you later" i replied in a confident tone, indicating for him to shut the fuck up until we're out of here. he took a moment, then nodded in understanding.
"UNO!!! I WON BABY!!!" chris screamed, as elmer and nate burst into fits of laughter. chris turned to me, his face full of pride, shoving his uno card in my face. "that's the THIRD game in a row i've won against these losers"
"alright, chris." i smiled, trying to desperately humble him. elmer began to shuffle the deck of cards again.
"okay, let's play one more game, because i'm getting hella exhausted" elmer said, handing each of us our cards. i nodded.
"yeah, it's getting pretty late. we'll probably head back after this" i mentioned, speaking on behalf of matt and chris. they nodded in agreement.
"but only if i beat your ass" chris smirked. i playfully slapped his arm.
sore winner.

(20 mins later)
"bye guys, see you soon!" i smiled, waving goodbye to elmer and nate as we headed out the house and to the car. the streets were dark and silent, and the cool night air felt crisp on my skin. i loved night time.
i got into my usual seat in the back of the car, as matt and chris got into the front. matt started up the engine.
"y'all, that pizza we had four hours ago didn't actually fill me up. do you mind if we go to mcdonald's?" matt suggested. chris shrugged.
"i don't mind. i could do with a pepsi" he said.
"yeah, i don't mind either" i replied. matt started to drive, and i almost forgot about the call i had with laura.
"oh yeah, you guys i need to tell you something. about the call i got." i began, getting slightly nervous for some reason. matt looked at me in the overhead mirror.
"what is it?" chris asked, as we drove down the street.
"umm.. well good news!! our LA house has been fixed!" i exclaimed, forcing a smile. i could see both of their faces light up in joy.
"are you kidding?? that's fucking FANTASTIC news!!! we've been waiting FOREVER" chris beamed, turning around to look at me with the biggest smile on his face.
"yeah, how long has it been? a year? two years??" matt guessed.
"it's been 10 months matt, chill." i joked. there was a brief silence as matt turned a corner.
"then why do you sound so nervous about it?" chris asked me.
"oh" matt suddenly said, his face dropping. and i knew he had realised what that meant for maddie, unlike chris who was super slow to these kinds of situations
"yup" i replied
"maddie."

50TH CHAPTER!! YAYYY!!!
i hope you guys are enjoying my story as much as i am. recently i've had a lot of motivation to write and i hope that doesn't stop because i really enjoy writing about the triplets and maddie. have an amazing day!!! and ITS FRIDAY! new video soon <3