64 - the beginning

(maddie's pov - wednesday: 7am)
ITS. THE. DAY!!!!
the day i finally go to LA with my brothers. and i'm hella excited. in fact.. i was so excited i barely slept last night. i spent the whole night binge watching flight vlogs and vlogs of LA and shit. i don't know why, i always did that before i went on holiday and stuff.
it was 7am now, and i'm kinda starting to wish i did. get at least a little bit of sleep last night. i was starting to get tired.. but i couldn't. i had a long day ahead of me, and i knew i'd be able to sleep on the plane anyways. it was a almost 6 hour flight.
i had gotten ready, and was just finishing off my makeup by my mirror. i was wearing my navy adidas crewneck and some shorts, considering it was going to be quite hot when we landed in LA.
i just finished applying my setting spray to my face and put it back in the suitcase, struggling to zip up because of all the shit i packed in it.
lmfao oh fuck
i tried so hard to zip up but still failed, but just with my luck, matt walked into my room at that moment, looking ready to go. he laughed when he saw me struggling to zip the suitcase.
"what did i tell you, kid. what did i tell you." he jokes, coming over and taking the suitcase. somehow, he managed to have no problem zipping it up.
"ah." i replied, confused. he huffed as he tried to lift the suitcase up.
"what is in this suitcase?" he chuckled. "you packed bricks or something?"
"haha. very funny." i said with a straight face. he smiled, wheeling my suitcase out my room.
"come get some breakfast" he said, as i followed him down the stairs to the kitchen, where everyone was. mom had made breakfast for all of us and dad was putting the suitcases in the car.
"good morning, sweetie. are you excited?" mom asked, pulling the chair out for me to sit on.
"yes, i'm SO excited. i literally cant wait" i replied, smiling, as i began to eat the pancakes.
"LA is great, maddie, and madi and laura are excited to see you again!" chris said.
i was so excited to see them as well, the last time i saw madi and laura was last summer, so almost a year ago. madi was so sweet, and so was laura. i was excited to see both of them again and maybe meet some of my brothers other friends.

anyways, once we all finished breakfast it was time to go in the car to the airport. dad drove as mom sat in the passenger seat, whilst i sat in the second row with nick, and chris and matt sat in the back. trevor was also on my lap. i was sad to have to leave trevor here, but it was only 2 weeks. i'd see him after that. also, i had spoken to macy almost every day since she called me including last night. i think she was doing a lot better for sure since that one call. her brother is still in intensive care and her parents haven't come home, but she seems to be much happier. which is always great to see. she knows that i'm going to LA with my brothers, and she's happy for me. like a good friend would be. i'm so lucky to have her in my life, as my best friend.
but for now, i was gonna focus on getting through the airport, if i even could because of how exhausted i was, and then i was gonna relax on the plane.
"you guys better send us plenty of photos of whatever fun things you get up to" dad grinned, looking at us in the overhead mirror.
"obviously we will, dad" chris replied from behind me. i looked down at trevor, continuing to pet him.
but before i knew it, we were already at the airport. we didn't live too far from the airport anyways, and the air outside felt cool and crisp. we all bundled out the car, and my parents helped us gather our suitcases, and then it was time to say goodbye.
"ohhhh maddie im gonna miss you so much sweetheart." mom frantically spoke, rushing over to me and embracing me in her arms in a warm hug.
"i'm gonna miss you too, mom. you're the best mom i could ever ask for." i smiled, as she slowly pulled away from the hug, kissing my cheek.
"you must call us every night so we know you're okay with those three." she said, as i burst into laughter. i could hear my dad and brothers laughing too.
"mom, you have nothing to worry about. we're not gonna let anything happen to her. she's in safe hands." nick responded, going over to say goodbye to my mom too. i then went to hug my dad.
"look at you. all grown up, travelling across the country without us!!" he grimaced (lmfao that word reminds me of the grimace shake), as he patted my back.
"crazy right." i joked, as i gently left my dads embrace. "don't forget about me, guys."
"oh, maddie. we could never forget about you. our daughter! our ray of sunshine" mom beamed, coming over to suffocate me in yet another hug. but i wasn't complaining, i loved my moms hugs.
"wow, mom. so we aren't your rays of sunshine too?" matt teased, as chris and nick chuckled.
"of course you are. you are all our rays of sunshine, our happiness." mom concluded. "stay safe you four, and keep her safe. don't take your eyes off her!!"
"we won't, love you guys!!"
"love you too. have a safe flight!!!"
we waved at them as we made our way inside the airport, wheeling our suitcases in. i felt so excited. this was only the beginning of our journey.