28 - aftermath

chris held me close to him as matt was knelt on the floor infront of me, cleaning the cuts. nick let me squeeze his hand when it got too painful. it really really hurt because of how swollen it had gotten. i let out a cry of pain.
"i know, i know" chris mumbled, rubbing my shoulder. matt was being very gentle and whenever it got too much he stopped.

he soon had cleaned them. they were still red but it was going to help the swelling.
"how about we head home, kid?" matt asked. i nodded, exhausted.
"let's go"

we said goodbye and thank you to alahna again and got in the car as matt drove us home. chris was holding my wet clothes which had been ruined in the rain and i was so tired that on the way back i fell asleep with my head rested on nicks shoulder.

i was in a deep sleep, but when we got back i remember chris carrying me out of the car and to my room.
"let's get you to bed sleepy" he said, as matt unlocked the door. he tucked me in my bed, gave me a kiss then gently closed the door. i slept for the rest of the day, feeling better knowing that my brothers were always here for me.
and i appreciated them so much for that.

(wednesday, 9am)
yesterday was a pretty good day. i hadn't gone into school, my brothers wouldn't let me after the day i had on monday. and besides, i didn't want to go in either. i didn't want to have to face everyone after what i did.
i had told macy and she wasn't mad either. she wanted me to do it again. i just laughed and didn't say anything.
i would never do it again though. like yeah, i hate sophie and her guts so fucking much, but the blood.. and to see her crying.. knowing that I DID THAT made me feel like a horrible person. maybe if i could look away when i punched her i would do it again. but anyways..
right now i was sitting in the principals office with sophie. she had a cast or whatever over her nose, and her eyes were bruised. she looked awful. i still felt so bad but i couldn't bring myself to apologise. we had been sitting in silence, not even looking at each other.
"okay, madison. from my understanding, and from what sophie has told me, you both got into a bit of an argument which resulted in you punching sophie in the nose. am i correct?" he asked.
hmm, at least she hadn't made up any details that weren't true.
"yes" i nodded. he nodded back.
"alright. and what was this argument about?"
i took a few seconds.
"sophie made up a rumour about me saying that i vandalised her locker, and then she started saying that it was all my fault that we were arguing about it, and she started insulting my anxiety, my family, my looks.. and it got me so angry that i punched her." i said super quickly, breathing a sigh of relief. i half expected her to say something to defend herself, but i could see her in the corner of my eye, still slumped back in the chair, her eyes focused on the floor, not saying a word.
"but i didn't mean to do it. i swear." i finished.
he was typing all these details into his computer, as if this was a celebrity interview or something.
"okay, thank you maddie. and sophie.." he said, turning to face her. "why did you make up this rumour? it seems like a bit of a strange thing to do"
she looked pissed.
"i don't know why i did it." she shrugged. "i was just jealous"
"jealous of what?" i said, barging in. i was cut off by the principal waving his hands at me, telling me to shush.
i'm sorry but what the fuck was she jealous of? what even is there to be jealous of? my anxiety problems? my life isn't all that dandy, babe.
"i was just jealous that you were getting so much attention because of your brothers. i wanted that attention too so i made up a rumour and it went wrong, so i'm sorry" she said.
the fuck? what attention?? she was the one getting all the attention whilst i sat on the sidelines slowly watching her drift away.
i was speechless, i couldn't even say anything.
"ok." the principal said.
this conversation went on for another half hour, before it was decided that i was getting suspended for three school days. i didn't really care. like i could give a fuck, i didn't want to even be in school in the first place.
however i felt really bad for macy. she was going to be by herself until tuesday. i kept apologising to her and she reassured me and said it's fine. obviously i'd still message and call her every night.
sophie was getting a saturday detention for the bullying. i could tell the principal felt bad for me and he took my side because he knew my brothers and my parents very well and knew i wouldn't normally do something like punch another student. but i was angry and he understood. i still shouldn't of done it though.

i called matt, who had dropped me off at school earlier, telling him i got suspended.
"so they suspended you?" he asked
"yeah, i kinda knew it would happen anyway" i replied.
it was kind of pointless coming to school for like thirty minutes today anyways. the principal could've just emailed me and told me i was suspended then i could've slept in. oh well.
"alright, i'll come pick you up now. i literally just got home there was so much traffic"
he hung up, as i headed to the entrance of the school ready to leave.