56 - movie night

(that night)
i was in my room, still feeling like absolute crap.
i had to wash my hair because of the paint and it was still wet, and i had no energy to even straighten it. i was gonna have to let it just be frizzy for the rest of the week.
i was lying on my side, scrolling through snapchat on my phone, when there was a soft knock at the door.
"who is it?"
"it's matt"
i exhaled
"come in"
the door slowly opened to reveal matt standing there, looking a bit concerned.
"can i talk to you? for a moment?" he asked me. i hesitated, then nodded, as he gave me a warm smile and closed the door, coming to sit on the edge of my bed. it was silent for a moment, and i avoided eye contact, before he softly said, "is everything okay at school?"
i looked at him and didn't say anything, then nodded quickly.
"yeah, everything's fine." i lied. he looked unconvinced.
"i know that's not true." he said. "what's going on?"
i sighed.
bro i really don't want to tell him
"it's fine, honestly. i'm just really tired right now. i haven't been sleeping well recently."
he slowly nodded.
"ok.." he began. "you know that like, if you ever need a bit of a break, like a day off from school or something, you can always do that, right? because if you feel like it's becoming too much for you-"
"matt, nothings becoming too much for me. i'm fine in school, i'm happy, everything's good. i'm just exhausted because i slept badly the whole week."
he blankly stared at me.
shit now i feel rude for dismissing him.
"well are you gonna get some good rest tonight at least?"
i took a moment to answer.
"i'll try my best."
"and you're sure you don't want to talk about anything? absolutely anything?"
i nodded, smiling.
"i'm sure. sorry if i sounded rude."
he shook his head.
"don't be silly. you're good." he smiled. "well anyways, chris and nick wanted me to get you so we can watch a movie downstairs together? seeing as mom and dad are out."
i thought for a few moments, debating whether i should or not, because i was so fucking exhausted from todays events i wasn't even sure if i'd be able to stay awake for a whole 1 hour+ movie. but what else would i be doing up here? going on snapchat all night? i think spending some time with my brothers would be a better idea.
"okay. yes, i'll come down"

me and matt came down the stairs into the living room. chris and nick were on the sofa, with nick lying on the right side and chris sitting on the other. there were tons of blankets and shit on the sofa that i didnt even realise trevor was next to chris, otherwise i would've sat on him.
"maddieeee!!" nick smiled (as well as chris) as i walked in. "we missed you, we thought you'd never come down!"
i giggled.
"yeah, well matt convinced me to."
i heard matt laugh behind me. nick patted the space next to him.
"come sit." he said, as i made my way over to him. i lay my head on his lap as he draped a blanket over me, then put his arm around me. matt sat next to me, lifting my legs up as he sat down then putting them back down on his lap.
"maddie, you wanna choose what film we watch?" chris asked from the other side of the sofa. my eyes were already growing heavy from exhaustion. i shook my head.
"no, it's fine. i don't mind, you guys can pick" i murmured, fighting my body's exhaustion to stay awake.
my brothers ended up picking some weird random netflix film i had no idea about, but the plot seemed interesting enough.
we were around 7 minutes into this 2 hour film, and my eyes were growing extremely tired. i kept shutting my eyes by accident, not even realising. but i wanted to stay awake. i kept glancing at my brothers and seeing how engrossed they were in the film. i was gonna feel bad if i fell asleep.
but nick was so comfortable that i fell asleep right there and then on his lap.

(matt's pov - 30 mins later)
it was now 30 minutes into the film. it was pretty interesting so far. i was super glad that maddie came down to watch it with us, well i thought..
when i turned to look at nick when there was a funny scene, i saw she was asleep on his lap.
wow, kid really must've been exhausted.
"is she asleep?" i mouthed to nick, who looked down at maddie. she was indeed asleep. he looked back up at me, smiling kind of.
"it's fine, just let her sleep until the films over. i'll take her to bed after" he said, shifting his position slightly so maddie could be more comfortable. i nodded, giving maddie one last glance before diverting my attention back to the film.
i really hope she knows how loved she is. and i hope that she knows that i am always here for her.