23 - uh oh

(tuesday, 6pm, next week)
i had had a good weekend, but since yesterday my anxiety had been super high and i had no motivation to do any of my homework after school, or even focus in my lessons. what the fuck was wrong with me.
macy had tried cheering me up in school but i was just unhappy. again.
why did i always have to be like this. i was such a burden to everyone.
i had walked home because my brothers were at a photoshoot downtown, and they weren't gonna be home until 8 but they were gonna bring home food for dinner.
i was lying on my bed, scrolling through tiktok and seeing edits of me. i smiled. everyone was saying all these nice things about me
"i would die to look like maddie sturniolo."
"maddie has my heart"
"maddie's the luckiest girl in the world fr"
"WOW GOD HAS FAVOURITES HUH"
it was nice to see how many people liked me, and it did lift my mood quite a bit, so i decided i would go live on instagram. i hadn't gone live in a while so figured now was the perfect time. i could talk about how i was feeling to anyone who came to watch and i just needed some reassurance and interaction if im honest.

i started the live video. i was sitting on my bed with the phone rested against my laptop.
"hey guys" i said, emotionless. i already had 40 viewers in less than 2 seconds. my comments were filling up quickly and then i was at 289 viewers. then 500.. and it kept getting bigger.

"MY FAV STURNIOLO"
"maddieeee it's been ages how are you doing!?"
"omg you're so pretty wtaf"

trevor came into my room.
"hey trev, come here bubba" i said, patting my lap. he jumped onto the bed and licked my face, as i petted him.

"TREVVOOORRRRR"
"i love trevor"
"trev is so cute aw"

i read the comments, and chuckled.
"yes, trevor is adorable. i know." i smiled, stroking him, continuing to read the comments.

"where are your brothers??"
"hey are you ok? you look a lil down❤️"
"i love ur necklace"

"am i okay? no.. i'm not really. but that's fine." i said, forcing a smile at the camera. "just anxiety has been high. that's it. but i'll get through it, as per usual."

"you're so strong mads, just remember we all love you so much<33"
"i love u maddie"
"gorgeous gorgeous girl"

i smiled. that's just what i needed to hear.

6:21pm
i felt quite a bit better. i was still live and answering everyone's questions.

"have you met any of the LA influencers yet?"

"have i met.. oh no, not yet." i began. "my brothers house in LA is currently having like issues with electricity and water, and the whole area has been having really bad blackouts for like months now. that's why they've been here in boston with us for so long, but hopefully i can go with them to their house when the problems are fixed. and then i can meet like nessa, sab, anna, oliver.. and everyone. i've met madi once when we all went to LA in the summer. i love madi. she's fucking awesome. and i have oliver on snapchat, he's really funny."

"have you ever been to nyc?"

"have i ever been to new york? yes, once a few months ago"-
i paused, suddenly remembering.
"oh yeah!! talking of new york, my brothers are doing a meet and greet in new york, like next month i think? i dunno, they told me the other day.. i don't think there's any tickets on sale, but just keep that in mind!!"

"OMG WHAAAAATT"
"TRIPLETS IN NEW YORK IS CRAZY"
"TF I LIVE IN NYC IM GONNA MEET THE STURNIOLO TRIPLETS?!!"

i smiled, seeing how happy everyone was.
around ten minutes later i ended the live stream, feeling definitely a lot better now that i had had some interaction. but then i remembered something.

shit, maddie, you weren't supposed to tell everyone about the meet and greet. do you not remember what your brothers said?? 'don't tell anyone because then it messes up all of our plans and we can't do it'
uh oh... you pinky promised all of them too..
it's fine.. they're not gonna find out. they weren't on the live, none of their friends were on the live.. elmer wasn't on the live..
yeah but 790 people were.

i stopped thinking about it and decided to just go on tiktok. they wouldn't find out. it was impossible.
i just had to hope that they wouldn't find out.

(wednesday, 4:37pm, at macy's house)
i was at macy's house. she invited me over after school, we had bought some cupcakes and were eating them in her room. her house was cute. it was fairly small as she only lived with her mom and her younger brother, stephen, who was in 4th grade.
her room was decorated so nicely as well. there were fairly lights, a cute full body mirror, posters of different singers, it was just so cool. she was cool.
"your room is so nice" i smiled. she looked at me.
"not as nice as yours"
i laughed
"shut up, it's a mess right now"
today i had felt much better than i had on monday and tuesday. and macy had ordered take out for us from wingstop.

the wing stop arrived like twenty minutes later and we began to eat in her kitchen. i had left my phone upstairs, to charge in her room. her mom was super nice, and her brother was so cute.
"hi maddie!! it's so nice to meet you, i'm macy's mom incase you didn't know" macy's mom smiled at me, enthusiastically.
"mom, of course she knows you're my mom. who else are you?"
i laughed.
"it's so nice to meet you too!!" i replied.
"and this is stephen, my brother" macy said, pointing to stephen who was sitting on the sofa on his ipad. he didn't look up because he had his headphones in.
"he's an ipad kid" macy whispered to me. i cackled.
"oh my gosh macy, don't bully him" i teased, as we began to eat our wings.

5:25pm
we had played some video games downstairs in macy's living room, before heading back upstairs. my phone was now fully charged, but then my stomach turned as i saw i had 25+ notifications. all from my brothers

chrissy💛💛: 2 missed calls
matt❤️❤️❤️: 1 missed call
nickkk<33: 5 missed calls

nickkk<33
nickkk<33: Maddie get ur ass home RIGHT now.

wait.. they don't know.. do they?

You: why?? what did i do

nickkk<33: Just get home. NOW.

oh shit. they definitely knew.

macy came into the room, back from the bathroom.
"those wings were soooo good for real"-
"macy, i need to go home" i said, unplugging my phone, anxious. she looked at me, confused.
"why so early?"
"i'm in trouble with my brothers. i- i'll tell you later, i just need to go home" i said. she passed me my shoes.
"it's okay, i get it" she smiled, as i put my shoes on in a rush. "thanks for coming over bae. i love you."
"i love you too, thanks for having me!!"

i practically sprinted home. i didn't live too far away from her, like four roads away, so it didn't take long. i unlocked the door, and shut it. my heart skipped five beats.

they definitely knew. i was in deep shit.