67 - bedrooms

(15 mins later - maddie's pov)
we had landed now, and were getting off the plane. i could barely keep my eyes open, and my brothers seemed to be rushing off the plane so we would beat the queues, but i just needed to sleep.
matt obviously noticed how tired i was, so he put his arm around me and took my bag off my back and held it, as we carried on walking to passport control.
"hang in there. just a little longer." he quietly spoke, as i pretty much leaned on him as we sped through the terminal.
we finally got to passport control which was quick and easy, and then we got our suitcases very fast because we were one of the first people out, and now we were headed to the car park to meet laura and madi who were picking us up and dropping us at my brothers home. i was so excited to see them, but i felt a bit embarrassed that i would probably be sleeping the whole taxi back and they would see me fast asleep.. oh well.

we waited for around five minutes in the car park. i was sat on the suitcase, my eyes fixed on the ground because it was basically the same as shutting them at this point, when all of a sudden..
"look who it is!" nick exclaimed, as we all looked up, and were greeted by the warm smiles of madi and laura, who were headed our way and smiling.
"heyyy!!" laura shouted, as my brothers and i stood up and we all hugged each other. "maddie, it's so nice to see you again!! how have you been?"
i nodded, exhausted, "i've been good, thanks. i'm just super tired right now, i didn't sleep last night."
laura laughed. "i can imagine. you'll definitely sleep very well tonight then!"
i chuckled, then focused my attention to madi, who had just hugged nick and now her and my brothers were laughing and chuckling and doing whatever. she then looked back at me and smiled.
"maddie!!! oh my god, how are you?? it's been forever!" she beamed, rushing over to me and enveloping me in a hug.
i love madi.
"oh my gosh i know right. i missed you so much!!!" i responded. we continued to hug for a few more secs, and then laura and madi helped my brothers get our suitcases in the back of the car. i stood beside them, my eyes beginning to grow heavy again.
i must've been standing with my eyes completely closed for a few seconds, because i felt someone knudging my arm. i quickly opened my eyes, feeling temporary shock, but then i saw it was just nick.
"hey, get in the car and get some sleep. we'll be in in a minute." he whispered, pointing to the car door. i nodded, tired, making my way to the car. i got inside and it was nice and cold because of the air con, which was a relief because i was feeling very hot and sweaty from the airport, and it was quite hot in LA outside compared to how it was in boston. i, of course, buckled up my seatbelt, and then i leaned slightly to the left and closed my eyes.
i could hear my brothers getting in a few seconds later, and i could hear madi and i think it was nick getting in in the row behind me, and laura was obviously driving but i'm not sure if it was matt or chris who was in the passenger seat because i was too tired to open my eyes, but i felt my head slowly being moved onto someone's shoulder as they put their arm around me. again, i wasnt sure which of my brothers it was, but then before i knew it, i was asleep again.
this time in LA.

(half an hour later - maddie)
tap tap tap
i woke up, startled, but then i realised we were still in the car, but we had stopped. i looked to my right and it was matt, who was smiling.
"we're here" he whispered, pointing out the window. and he was right. we indeed had arrived.

we all bundled out the car, and i no longer felt tired. i was now full of excitement. laura passed me my suitcase, but chris took it instead because he thought i was too tired to wheel it inside the house.
"we'll see you tomorrow, you guys. for now, get some rest. you deserve it" laura smiled, as her and madi waved us goodbye.
"alright, perfect, goodnight guys!" nick exclaimed back, as we all waved back at them. meanwhile, matt was busy playing around with all the keys.
"it's been so long since we've been here i completely forgot which keys are for this house." he chuckled, making me and nick laugh.
"well you better find them. or we're homeless." chris responded, grabbing the keys out of matt's hands and showing him which one it is. "see? it's this one, the bigger one. even i know that, stupid."
i laughed.
"woah, chris, calm down." nick joked, as matt unlocked the door. we all entered, and even though i'd never been in here before, it sure felt like i had. and i loved it. it was so modern and it had a comforting smell (idk if that sounds weird LOL) but it just smelt fresh, and it looked very new considering it had been going through intense work over the past couple of months, seeing as all of the water and electricity in this area was fucked for half of last year.
"well.. this is our home, maddie." matt said, walking me up the stairs and into the living room. it was SO nice. i couldn't stop staring at the huge sofa, it looked comfy asf. i knew i was gonna spend my whole two weeks here buried in that sofa.
"oh!! i need to show you my room, follow me" chris shouted, jumping up, as he lead me down the stairs to his room. he opened the door and i followed him inside. it was pretty empty considering half of his shit was in his suitcase, but i loved the layout, and his bed also looked comfy.
"niceee" i replied "you guys do know i already know what your rooms look like, right? i actually do watch the youtube videos.."
"yeah, yeah, whatever. but we're still gonna show you because you need to decide whose room you are gonna share." nick laughed.
that was true, because considering they only had three bedrooms i wasn't just gonna sleep on the floor. but once we decide if i'm gonna permanently move in, then we'll properly decide what my bedroom will be like.
"now it's my turn." matt interrupted, as we followed him to his room.
he opened the door, and to be honest, i think i preferred matts room to chris' room. i loved matts gaming set up, and his bed looked even more cozy than chris' as well. but chris had an en-suite bathroom, but matts bathroom was next door to his room.
"i prefer your room, matt." i said.
"worddd" he grinned, holding his hand up for me to hi 5, which i did. i turned and saw chris' defeated face, making all of us laugh.
"suck it up, chris. i never said i didnt like your room."
"yeah, but you said you preferred matts." he frowned, looking at the floor in a joking-sad way. nick knudged his arm.
"chris, stop acting like that. it's giving me the ick." nick said, as chris immediately broke out of it and started laughing. "okay, maddie, now let's go to my room. i think you'll prefer mine to everyone's considering i have the best bathroom. and the whole floor to myself."
we all slowly followed nick up the stairs, when chris said, "actually, nick, we all technically have each floor to ourself.. it's not just you-"
"shut UP, chris. cant you let me have anything for once??" nick snapped, making chris jump. i giggled, watching as nick opened his door. and he was right. i preferred his room to everyone's.
"woah" i said, walking in and looking around. the vibes in the room were amazing, and i loved the colours, especially the bed colours, because he had green sheets and his frame was like wooden brown. it was giving forest and i was here for it.
he then showed me his bathroom and i immediately thought.. if this was my bathroom, the amount of skincare and makeup products i would COVER the counters with would be crazy. and his bath had like fifty different modes.. like jacuzzi mode.. imagine just being in a hot tub every night.
"this is sick what the fuck, i love it" i continued, still looking around the bathroom. nick laughed in chris and matts faces.
"so, whose room is it gonna be? who do you wanna share a room with?" nick asked. i stood infront of them, thinking heavily. they were all staring at me, eager to know the answer to the burning question.

ok.. process of elimination..
i didn't want to share a room with chris considering his room was right at the bottom of the house and it would get so cold in there.
next.. nick..
to be honest, nicks room was elite. i loved everything about it a lot more than matts, but then i remembered how much nick talks at night. i would never get any rest sharing a room with him.. but i'm not sure..
then finally, matt.
i did. really like his room as well, and his bed was pretty spacious. and he didn't talk the whole night, and as i'm sure i've said a million times before, i am closest to matt out of all my brothers, and i know that i'll feel safe and comforted if i'm in his room. so i decided matt's room it was gonna be.

"i'll share a room with matt."