61 - i need you.

(6:34pm - maddie's pov)
we arrived home, and the sun was beginning to set, casting a warm pinky orange glow over the road. it was beautiful.
my nose was throbbing as i got out, and nick put his arm around my shoulder, supporting me up the stairs to the door, his touch soothing.
"why don't you choose what we order for dinner tonight, mads?" mom asked, unlocking the door.
and i immediately knew what i was gonna say.. to compensate for matt a few weeks back..
"chick fil a" i said, with no hesitation. matt immediately looked at me, remembering. then he laughed. and i laughed. chris and nick looked at us, confused.
"what?" nick asked. matt shook his head.
"don't worry about it"

i raced up the stairs, holding trevor, and shut my door, jumping onto my bed and opening my laptop up to facetime macy, eager to tell her about every single fucking thing that happened today. and this week, considering i hadn't really had a chance to talk to her this week because of how busy her and her family had been. to be honest, i was acting so enthusiastic for someone that had basically been jumped and almost been killed earlier on, that if it weren't for my nose cast and my bruises, you would think i'm just having a regular old day.
but to my disappointment, macy didn't answer.
maybe she's just busy right now.
i didn't think too much of it, i knew macy would never ignore me, and so i just left her a small message.

macy<33

hey, just call me back when u get a chance :)
i have a lot to tell u
i love u, hope u and ur family are all good <3

and then i snuggled into the blankets with trevor, opening up netflix on the laptop and finding something to watch, feeling so comforted and relaxed, excited for my family chick fil a dinner later.

(macy's pov - nebraska)
i. want. to. die.
i have never felt so fucking alone in my whole life. i hate nebraska. i hate my life. i wish things could go back how they used to be.. life was so simple.. so good, back in boston. there's NOTHING good in nebraska. FUCK man, why can't my dad just go to nebraska by himself so me and my mom and brother could've just lived our ordinary simple stress free lives in somerville???
the tears streamed down my face faster than ever. i had no reason to even want to be happy right now. my little brother was in the hospital because some FUCKING IDIOT drove into him and hit him with his car when he was cycling across the road to school, and now he has a broken hip and arm. this would've never happened if we stayed in boston, where there are no crazy lunatics like there are here. he's been in the hospital since it happened, five days ago, and i haven't seen him since. i've begged my parents to let me come and visit him in the hospital, but they've constantly declined because i 'need to attend school'. little do they know, i haven't been going to school at all. and the school have been emailing my mom, trying to reach her, but luckily she left her laptop with all her emails at home, so i've just been deleting them. if she saw them, i'm dead.
my parents haven't come home for some time too, since the accident. i mean i'm happy about that in one way, because i wouldn't want my brother being alone in that scary hospital, but at the same time i've been so fucking lonely at home. and i hate to sound like a baby, but at night it gets super scary.
this house is so dodgy and in such an unstable area compared to in somerville.. apparently a few years back there was a shooting not far off my road.. and i just get scared of all the possible bad things that could happen at night whilst i'm alone. and sleeping. with no one to hear me cry.
i hadn't spoken to maddie in some time too. she had been messaging me quite a lot tonight, but i couldn't bring myself to reply.

4lifer🩷

hey, just call me back when u get a chance :)
i have a lot to tell u
i love u, hope u and ur family are all good <3

this was tearing me apart.
i needed to talk to maddie, but i couldnt. i was too miserable to speak to anyone right now.. i couldn't drag her down with me. i needed to stay strong for her.
i closed my laptop screen, burying my head in my hands. my sobs turned into screams, and it felt helpless knowing no one was even here to hear me. no one can hear my cries for help.
I NEED YOU MADDIE. I NEED YOU MORE THAN FUCKING EVER.
i don't know if i'm gonna make it out of here alive.
i cant do this without you..