5 - pasta + guitar practice

8pm
overall, i'd say today was a good day. my mom and dad were out for the night for one of their friends birthdays, so matt made me a bowl of pasta. he laid it down on the table infront of me.
"thanks matty" i smiled, starting to eat the pasta. he smiled back, scruffing my hair.
"yo matt can you make a bowl of pasta too please" chris asked, sitting down on the seat next to me.
"no chris, you can make your own" matt replied, leaning on the table and going on his phone.
"why couldn't she make her own then?" he asked, before stealing a piece of my pasta.
"hey, chris!! stop!!!" i whined, turning around and hitting him multiple times as he laughed and curled up, sheltering himself from me. "make your own"

i finished eating my pasta and put my bowl in the sink
"i'm gonna go practice the electric guitar" i said
"ooh, can i listen?" chris asked
"sure" i replied
"wordddd" he replied, jumping out of his seat and following me up the stairs to my room. my room was at the end of the corridor, opposite chris' room. he shut the door after him, then flopped onto my bed as i knelt over and got my electric guitar out of its case.
"why is your bed always so comfy man" he mumbled. i chuckled
"no it's not, chris"
i started plucking at the strings of the guitar, making sure it was in tune. obviously it wasn't, given i hadn't played it for most of the summer. i turned the pegs of the guitar, tuning it.
"what pieces are you learning?" he asked, suddenly sitting up, watching me attach the strap to the guitar
"i mean i haven't been told to learn any at the moment" i began "but i'm learning to play the main guitar solo from bohemian rhapsody"
"ah. i love that song."
i smiled, then said "me too", as i got into position.
i started strumming the strings and playing what i had learnt of the song so far. i could see chris in the corner of my eye smiling, feeling proud of his little sister. i loved playing the electric guitar. i loved music in general. it was like an escape from reality for me. whenever i was feeling anxious or depressed, i knew there was an always an electric guitar waiting for me under my bed, ready for me to play. i had been in my schools band ever since i started playing, and hopefully i would be joining my new high schools band after my guitar lesson next week.
i finished playing the solo, and looked at chris, with an embarrassed smile. he had his mouth wide open, in shock, and immediately started clapping.
"wow, maddie!!! since when did you get so good??"
"that was a backhanded compliment" i chuckled, knowing he didn't mean it like that
"what? no, that's not what i meant- you've always been good, but that was AMAZING kid. you said you haven't practised all summer?"
"well yeah, not for most of it"-
my door creaked open, it was nick, and he looked confused but at the same time impressed
"that was you, maddie?" he asked, pointing to the guitar
"yeah, was i good?"
"you were fucking AMAZING" nick laughed, as chris agreed with him laughing too. i smiled, chuckling.
"thank you guys, you're the best" i smiled
"do you think i'd still be able to play?" chris asked, taking the guitar out of my hands and putting the strap around his shoulder
"bro, you never played the electric guitar, you
played acoustic" i laughed.
"psssh" he muttered "electric, acoustic, whats the difference?"
he started strumming the strings and moving his fingers in a weird way up and down the fingerboard, but it made a horrible screeching noise forcing me and nick to cover our ears with our hands.
"oh jeez chris!!" nick exclaimed, wincing from the horrible sound
"chris stop, it's horrible" i replied. chris started laughing, giving me back the guitar
"yikes kid, i'm GLAD you stopped playing the guitar if you're gonna sound like that" nick said, walking out of my room. i burst into laughter. chris made an annoyed smile
"very funny." he mumbled