Chapter 151: Circle of friends

"Hey, Lao Gu came to play chess today and brought so many strawberries?"

  Mr. Gu has several chess friends who regularly play chess. At this moment, he asked the bodyguard to walk in front with two big baskets of strawberries with his head held high.

   "Come, come, come and taste the strawberries that my granddaughter grows herself."

  That ostentatious and show-off tone, as if those are not strawberries, but some priceless treasure.

   Several old men also know about the granddaughter of Gu's family. This friend talks about my granddaughter all day long. To be honest, they are not envious.

  The bodyguard put down the strawberry basket, and several old men immediately surrounded him in amazement.

   "I said, Lao Gu, you are bragging too much. Nuan Nuan is only so small. Could it be that she planted this?"

  Grandpa Gu was obviously more embarrassing, but he still put on airs with a calm and profound look on his face.

"Don't you believe me, my granddaughter not only grows strawberries, but also grapes, peaches and plums, in my grandson's villa in Nanjin Biewan. They are growing well now, and they will be eaten next year. These strawberries were grown in a greenhouse, the first batch of ripe ones, five boxes were picked in such a big cardboard box, our family couldn't finish it, so I brought it here without thinking about it."

   "You are here to show off."

   Several old men gathered around and ate one, and their eyes lit up instantly.

   "Not bad, not bad, this taste is just right, my grandson likes to eat strawberries, how many do you have at home, I will buy some and take them home, he will definitely like to eat."

  Other people also like it. Many strawberries nowadays look big and red, but they taste too sour, and the teeth of these old guys can't bear it.

   But the sour taste of this strawberry is just right, delicious!

"Before, my prodigal son bought a small basket of strawberries and said that it was a very expensive brand. A strawberry cost more than a hundred. I was so distressed as if I was eating my own flesh. It's not as delicious as this , You said that although a family like ours is not short of money, but whoever spends more than a hundred yuan to buy a strawberry, wouldn't it be nice if I buy dozens of yuan a catty and buy more?"

"My niece is the same. Young people these days like brand-name products. They just pack them up and sell them for a sky-high price. Well...Old Gu, this is really grown by your family? It's delicious, and I want to buy it too." Do you want to go back? The more you eat, the more delicious it will be!"

  Hearing them sincerely praise their granddaughter, Grandpa Gu was happier than winning a game of chess.

   "No, my son and grandson took the company to go."

   Several old people suddenly showed regretful expressions.

   "Then can we go pick strawberries tomorrow?"

  Grandpa Gu said, "I have to go back and ask my granddaughter about this. Let's talk about it first. It won't be picked in vain. My granddaughter is so young and has worked so hard to grow it. You can't justify it for nothing."

  The others nodded in agreement.

  Grandpa Gu achieved his goal of showing off his granddaughter, and Gu's father and mother Gu did not give in. They even took photos and posted them on Moments.