Chapter 14

When Yan Yan got to the Ninghui Hall, Shen Yi Yao was sitting there talking to the Zhenguo Duke, the Zhenguo Madam and Second Madam Shen. Her expression was a little resentful. Actually, everyone's expression wasn't too great, especially the Zhenguo Duke who was struggling to hold back his anger.

Seeing Yan Yan come in, Shen Yi Yao gave her a glance and said in a spoiled manner to the Zhenguo Madam: "Mom, I've already told you. Yan Yan isn't sensible. Don't listen to a child's nonsense."

"We shouldn't listen to Ah Yan, but we should listen to you? We've listened to how you didn't look into Ah Mo falling into the water and even locked Ah Yan up after being instigated by others!" The Zhenguo Duke couldn't resist but scold.

"Dad--" Her tone started off spoiled but trailed off after seeing the Zhenguo Duke's frighteningly dark expression.

"Yao'er, how old are you now!? You're already a mother yourself. Dad always thought you were good natured and pure hearted. Only now do I realize how muddleheaded you are! Listen to what you've been saying after getting back. Complaining how Ah Yan shouldn't have sent a message back home after getting locked up, complaining about your second sis-in-law for not giving your in-laws at the Weiyuan Marquis Estate any face. You've complained about everyone. How about looking at yourself and seeing if there are any problems?!"

"Dad......."

"As a principal wife, you don't think about managing the household and actually handed things over to a concubine. As a mother, you don't worry about your children's safety and treat your son falling into the water as no big deal. Your daughter wanted to investigate the matter and you actually listened to others and locked her up. You don't differentiate between right and wrong, and aren't clear between good and evil. You are thoroughly muddleheaded, and are not worthy to be my, Shen Mao Shan's daughter!"

Shen Yi Yao had been spoiled her entire life. Her dad had never spoken a single harsh word to her. His expression of disappointment and hating iron for not becoming steel this time truly stabbed Shen Yi Yao's heart.

"It's all my fault. I shouldn't have let you marry that Yan Ting back then....."

"Dad!" Shen Yi Yao shrieked. "This has nothing to do with husband. Your daughter is doing very well, husband treats me very well, and the household treats me very well. Why do you have to speak about me in this manner? It's been so many years but you're still dissatisfied with husband....it's because of Ah Yan right? What did she say to you?"

Shen Yi Yao turned around and grabbed Yan Yan. "What did you say to grandfather? Why are you so disobedient? You're stirring things up at such a young age, will you only be satisfied after seeing your mom and grandfather argue?"

Shen Yi Yao roared these final words.

She had always viewed herself as a noblewoman. She was gentle and refined. She never argued, let alone roared. This was her first time roaring hysterically, and it was actually at her own daughter.

Yan Yan stood there rigidly, speechless. Shen Qi was dumbfounded, and also didn't know what to say. He could only look at his mom and grandmother.

The Zhenguo Madam had been crying for a while, and kept mumbling "sinner" in between her sobs.
Second Madam Shen stood up and pulled Yan Yan protectively behind her. She said in anger and grief: "Little sis, don't blame your sis-in-law for rebuking you. What does this have to do with Ah Yan? You are truly muddleheaded."

Seeing her second sis-in-law still protecting Yan Yan at this time, Shen Yi Yao recalled her mother-in-law's complaints and was even more angered. She spoke irrationally: "Don't you start with me. You just came to my house to make a show of force. Don't forget that is the Weiyuan Marquis Estate, not the Zhenguo Duke Estate. It's not your place!"