Chapter 68

Hearing something was happening back at her home, Shen Qi didn't try to make Yan Yan stay behind.

Only Luo Huai Yuan's gaze contained some disappointment. He had finally arranged many fun things but the little consort had to go?

Although he thought this, Luo Huai Yuan still knew what was important. Thinking of the mess that was the Weiyuan Marquis Estate, he was faintly worried.
"Need any help?"

Yan Yan smiled comfortingly and shook her head.
"You guys keep playing. Keep up your spirits."

........
This night was destined to be an eventful one. The Weiyuan Marquis Estate was currently in a state of chaos.

The eldest branch and third branch took the children out to the lantern market. The second branch's Yan Qian and Yan Hong went as well. Of course there was also a bunch of grannies and servant boys tagging along. However, since male and female, young and old all went out during this festival, there was no need to worry about separating the genders.
Only the old madam, Shen Yi Yao and the few concubines in the eldest and second branches remained in the estate.

Once everyone left, the people remaining returned to their own pavilions. Shen Yi Yao had just recovered from her illness and planned on going to sleep after dinner. At this time, Concubine Pei came to fawn upon her once again along with Concubine Wu.
Concubine Pei said that everyone in the estate went to join the liveliness so she came to serve the madam her meal.

These days, no matter how Shen Yi Yao gave her the cold shoulder, Concubine Pei acted as though she didn't notice. Shen Yi Yao was a pushover to begin with, and she gradually no longer maintained her cold expression. However, she still wasn't as warm as before.

During this period of celebration, Concubine Pei was filled with smiles and her attitude was flattering and respectful. She was also four months pregnant despite it not being visible due to the thick clothing. Therefore, Shen Yi Yao wasn't able to treat her harshly.

Especially since Concubine Wu was there as well. After finding out they hadn't eaten yet, Shen Yi Yao ordered the maids to have the kitchen add a few dishes. Two pairs of chopsticks were added and she let the two of them eat with her.

Even Concubine Wu was a little startled at this favor, let alone Concubine Pei. She shed tears of happiness on the spot. Not wanting to put a dampener on the festive mood, she hurriedly wiped her tears with her handkerchief, making Shen Yi Yao's heart soften a little.

Everyone's respective emotions won't be mentioned for now. The wife and concubines of the second branch sat down and ate together.

After eating, the two accompanied Shen Yi Yao in chatting for a bit.

Suddenly, Concubine Pei started crying that her stomach was hurting.

Shen Yi Yao hadn't sensed anything yet, and hurriedly ordered a maid to call a doctor. Although her brows were furrowed, she still revealed a concerned expression.

Cui Qiao had asked Shen Yi Yao for leave this morning and returned home. Only Cui Ping was left. She was in a fluster, arranging someone to call a doctor and helping comfort Concubine Pei.

This was because Concubine Pei's expression was truly bad. She was frighteningly pale and her forehead was covered in sweat.

Concubine Pei was fine at first, but gradually her expression changed as she looked at Shen Yi Yao. Suddenly, she said she no longer wanted to remain at the Jinse Pavilion, and wanted to go back to the Ziyu Pavilion.

Concubine Pei was pregnant and her stomach was hurting. Shen Yi Yao didn't dare have anyone move her. Unexpectedly, Concubine Pei seemed to be possessed and insisted on going back to the Ziyu Pavilion. Shen Yi Yao said if she didn't feel well when sitting, she could lie down on the arhat bed. However, she wasn't willing to do so.