Chapter 70

Yan Yan swept her eyes over everyone at the scene. She made a note of the old madam and Yan Ting's ugly expressions.

She stood in the center of the hall with her head high, looking at the crowd. Her tinkling voice was rather strong.

"My mom taught me as a child to be an upright person. Only then can one face the heavens without disgrace and face the people without shame. Since things have developed to this extent, the people won't be convinced without a proper investigation. It's unreasonable for the principal mother of a household to be crucified to the extent that she's about to be gotten rid of, and still have to pretend everything is fine. What are Ah Mo and I supposed to do in the future? I am a girl. If my name is ruined, I at most won't marry. But Ah Mo is a boy. How is he supposed to go out and about in the future?!"

Every word was spoken firmly, and shook people's hearts.

A weak yet similarly determined voice sounded. "My thoughts are the same as my sister's."

It was Yan Mo.

This was the first time his sickly self expressed his own opinion. Even though his body was very small and his voice wasn't loud enough, he was no longer going to allow his sister to carry all of the burden this time.

Yan Yan was a girl after all. No matter how tough she was normally, her words weren't as persuasive as a boy's. Although Yan Mo was still young, he was still the only principal son of the Weiyuan Marquis Estate. If nothing unexpected happened, he would be in charge of the Yan household in the future. His opinions couldn't be ignored.

The two children were only around ten years old, but they actually cut off everyone's path of retreat.
Shen Yi Yao let out an ambiguous smile, wiped her tears and walked out in front of the two children. Her expression was dismal and her appearance was a mess, but her face was set and her eyes were burning.

"Investigate properly. If I really did it, then get rid of me or punish me however you want."

This was Shen Yi Yao's first time revealing such an unyielding attitude in front of others.

All along, it's been lamented that the Shen household had raised a daughter who was completely different from their usual style. The Zhenguo Duke Estate's people were resolute and overbearing. They were upright and decisive. This daughter was actually like a strangleweed. She was weak and delicate, sweet-tempered and virtuous. She didn't even know how to raise her voice at others.

Back then when Shen Yi Yao appeared within the social circles of upperclass women, she truly shocked everyone. Was such a proper lady really from the Zhenguo Duke Estate?

She truly was.

Shen Yi Yao had been protected too well from birth. She was pampered at home and the servants were all respectful. It could be said she was treated like a delicate flower. No matter what she encountered, her parents and brothers were all there to shield and support her. No matter what she needed, it would be delivered by someone to her hands. Sometimes she didn't even have to think for herself since other people would have already thought everything through for her.

It was almost laughable. Her oldest brother Shen Dong was quite a bit older than her, and her nephew was only younger than her by two years. The moment that nephew learned to run, he knew that his household didn't have many girls so he needed to protect this aunt of his.

Being pampered and protected by everyone, how was she supposed to mature?

Actually, Shen Yi Yao had never matured. Even now, she has yet to do so.

Her hands were shaking and her heart was quivering. She was panicked and her mind was a mess.

However, she understood one thing--