Chapter 95.2

Luo Huai Yuan smiled extremely vulgarly. Everyone was busy with killing wolves and no one noticed his smile.

The situation grew more and more tense. Yan Yan's group had taken the initiative. After a round of arrows, there were over thirty wolves dead or injured. The alpha wolf saw things weren't looking good and let out another howl. The wolves no longer remained in formation and pounced with wild abandon. Everyone grew flustered.

Someone in the front would occasionally get injured. Someone behind would then put down his bow and pick up his weapons to fill the gap. They maintained the semi-circle and didn't allow their formation to falter.

Two fists ultimately cannot overcome four hands. In a moment of carelessness, one of the guards was bitten in the throat by a pouncing wolf. Although Shen Qi had swiftly used his spear to stab the wolf's stomach and fling it far away, that guard's throat was already penetrated. The blood flowed continuously and he was clearly done for.

Everyone's expressions turned cold. This was something they expected and while their morale didn't break, they became more cautious in attacking and defending.

The situation became more and more dangerous. The semi-circle formation was gradually penetrated by the wolves. Some wolves had already entered the semi-circle, attacking the people from behind and from the side. At this time, with attacks coming from several directions, the formation was finally broken and several people were injured.

Shen Qi cried loudly: "Three-man formation.
The scattered people fought fiercely and gathered in groups of three, fighting back to back.

Yan Yan and Shen Qi had crowded Luo Huai Yuan under the tree as the two of them defended him.
"Little sis Ah Yan, give me a blade. I can also fight."

"Shut your mouth. Don't mess around."

Luo Huai Yuan was sweating from anxiety. He knew he was in the way. He felt the tree behind him and said: "I'll climb the tree. You guys don't have to worry about me."

As he spoke, he climbed upwards. Perhaps due to not having climbed trees in a while or perhaps due to his weight, he only got halfway up after climbing for a while.

Yan Yan wanted to face-palm. She gave Shen Qi a glance. Shen Qi swept the wolves in the area away with his spear. She took a deep breath and leapt, grabbing Luo Huai Yuan's collar and dragging him up the tree.

Lightweight arts!

Luo Huai Yuan's eyes were burning. He had seen Lady Hui do this before, but it was his first time seeing the little consort do it. If it weren't for the inappropriate timing, he would definitely have hugged the little consort's leg and cried out "my queen accept my worship!"

Without Luo Huai Yuan, Yan Yan and Shen Qi let loose. None of the wolves actually dared to approach the two of them. Their weapons were suited for group battles, and with their assistance, the pressure on the other guards lightened. Slowly, the group gathered together once more.

They continuously harvested lives.

The wolves grew fewer and their corpses piled up. A wolf saw that they were no match and seeing its many dead companions, it turned tail and fled. However, the alpha wolf that was steadily giving orders from behind pounced and crushed its throat with a bite.

The alpha wolf drank the traitor's blood and let out a long howl. Its body was tall and sturdy with a sleek light-gray coat. Its mouth was stained with fresh blood and its fangs were sharp. It was clearly fierce.
With a leap, it entered the fray.

The alpha wolf's speed was extremely fast and it was rather cunning. He didn't attack from the front, but would strike from the left and the right, appearing where they least expected it. Several guards were injured by its claws. It never remained after striking and would pass by in a flash.