Chapter 95

Turning back the time a little.

A few trained scouts continuously ran over with updates. Xu Xiang Rong's emotions fluctuated as his heart sped up and slowed down.

When he received news that the crown prince had actually escaped the encirclement, he couldn't resist kicking the bushes. He paced back and forth fretfully. Yan Ting stood under the tree on the side. A few meters away from the two of them stood several people wearing green clothes and headbands.

The green on these people was very strange, seeming to be the same color as the trees and grass around them. If they weren't standing so close, they would easily be overlooked.

Soon, one of them appeared in front of Xu Xiang Rong and reported something in a low voice.
"You're telling me they found a group of scapegoats? Do you know who they are?"

As he spoke, Xu Xiang Rong struck out at the branches next to him. It was clear he was muddled from anxiety. These deathsworn had undergone special selection, and none of them were familiar with the nobility in the capital. How could they know who was in the group?

But having planned for so long and failing at the last moment made it truly hard for Xu Xiang Rong to accept. How was that crown prince so lucky, coincidentally running into a group of scapegoats?

They were the ones responsible for bringing the wolf pack over, but they could only rely on the secret medicine to keep them in a certain area and wait for the crown prince to walk into the trap. To ensure the crown prince would take the bait, they had spent quite a lot of effort. However, the nature of wild animals couldn't be controlled. It was reasonable for the wolves to choose the larger group over the smaller one. They were starving after all.

He gave Yan Ting a glance. The scout walked ahead while the two of them followed behind. Some of the green-clothed people came along as well. They snuck over to the spot.

When they arrived, they were startled as they watched from their concealed position.

Not only was Xu Xiang Rong surprised, but Yan Ting was as well.

This was because the people surrounded by the wolves not only included Yan Ting's daughter Yan Yan, but also the Zhenguo Duke's grandson and that fool of a fourth prince. As for the other people, Xu Xiang Rong didn't bother with them.

After getting over his shock, Xu Xiang Rong's eyes grew brighter and brighter.

Yan Ting wanted to speak. He made a gesture and the group moved further away, leaving two scouts behind to keep an eye on things.

"Requesting the lord heir to give me a hand. My little girl is in imminent peril."

Yan Ting didn't bring his own people on this trip. Since he wanted to save Yan Yan, he naturally had to ask Xu Xiang Rong for help.

Xu Xiang Rong's face was inexplicably sinister. He gave Yan Ting a weird look.

"Doesn't lord marquis feel this is a very good opportunity?"

Yan Ting froze. "What opportunity?"

"To get rid of the crown prince!"

"But the crown prince...."

Yan Ting already vaguely understood Xu Xiang Rong's meaning.

His expression changed abruptly as he said urgently: "But we cannot sacrifice my little girl. Lord heir should know the significance of her coming this time."

Xu Xiang Rong smiled and patted Yan Ting's shoulder. "I know lord marquis cannot bear losing his daughter. However, this opportunity is more important than getting the Zhenguo Duke. You should know that even if the second prince marries your daughter, we would only be getting the Zhenguo Duke on our side. But if we can use this opportunity to get rid of the crown prince, the second prince would be the best candidate for his replacement."