Chapter 158

This person was surprisingly Shen Qi.

The fourth lord gave him a faint glance and put the teacup in his hands down. "No need for you to tell me. I've already sent out all the men I can."

Shen Qi sat down across from him. His facial hair was unkempt and his eyes were bloodshot. "Who knows where little fatty ended up? Could damned pirates really have....no, no, little fatty is so quick-witted. He definitely wouldn't give up so easily!"

But in the vast ocean, how would he escape if he really encountered pirates? The reason Shen Xuan's group had eradicated the nearby pirates was merely to vent and comfort themselves. They knew that pirates would never leave behind evidence after plundering.

Of course there were those who were lucky or cunning. Perhaps they really managed to escape and everyone was just unaware.

Seeing his younger brother's depressed expression, the fourth lord couldn't help but comfort: "Don't be anxious. I've already given the orders. Since they dared plunder, they will ultimately have to reveal themselves. We'll follow the tracks back to the source at that time."

Shen Qi nodded and said: "Alright, let's not talk about this for now. Are you really planning on drifting about outside without going back? Mom is constantly worried about you. You should at least bring sis-in-law and my two nephews back for a visit."

The fourth lord's face turned rigid and he smiled bitterly: "This isn't an appropriate time to return. I'd merely be bringing the household trouble if I did. It's already pretty good like this. When the time comes, I will naturally make the trip."

Shen Qi hesitated: "Mom and dad aren't aware that you've gotten married. Should we tell them? Mom has always been concerned about this matter."

The fourth lord hesitated, "Let's not rush to tell them about it yet. They would only have more to worry about if they knew. Just let them think I'm travelling about outside and don't want to return home."

"You can really keep secrets!"

Wasn't this the case? If it hadn't been for Luo Huai Yuan's disappearance, Shen Qi wouldn't have known his own brother Shen He was on Yeluo Island. Not only that, he was Yeluo Island's renowned fourth lord. Shen Xuan was probably aware of this matter but he had always been taciturn and incredibly tight-lipped. To have him bring it up was harder than ascending the heavens.

"Enough, you should also take a rest. The guest room has already been prepared. Hurry and sleep. This matter can't be rushed. We've done everything we should. We'll know if there is any news."

Shen Qi nodded. He stood up and walked out.
Ever since he found out Luo Huai Yuan was missing, he had accompanied the navy in searching for his tracks. If it weren't for Shen Xuan forcibly pulling him off the ship this time, he would probably still be at it.

No one was willing for such a thing to happen. But since it had happened, anything they did was useless no matter how unwilling they were. They could only do their best and leave it to fate. They hoped Luo Huai Yuan could really turn misfortune into blessing.

Since Shen He had spoken, he naturally wasn't shooting in the dark.

As expected, due to the navy and Yeluo Island's actions, many hidden pirates weren't able to remain still. This naturally included Kana Jougen's group.

Kana Jougen wasn't a wise person. He was merely a little better at scheming than others. He had thought highly of himself in the past and was arrogant, but he had mellowed out after his experiences these past few years. He had become vigilant and cautious. It was thanks to this that he had been able to get through the many deadly situations he encountered.