Chapter 72.2

Luo Huai Yuan took Shen Qi and Xiao An Zi secretly out of the fourth prince estate's backdoor. After leaving the alley, they twisted and turned until they reached a black painted flat roofed carriage that was already waiting there.

Shen Qi had snuck over so the carriage was naturally arranged by Luo Huai Yuan.

These days he had made some progress. He had collected a few helpers within the estate. With silver, he could suppress the ones with status, especially since these people were going with him to his vassal state in the future. Their family's lives were in his hands so it wasn't that difficult.

The only issue was that there were several spies in the estate and he also couldn't attract too much attention. Therefore, his actions were very low-key.
The carriage made a large circle around the capital as Luo Huai Yuan bought quite a few scattered things here and there.

This was his first time visiting his mother-in-law. Shen Qi could go empty handed since he was a brat but he could not. The first impression was the most important. He had to leave a good impression on her.

By the time they reached the manor, it was the middle of the afternoon.

Yan Yan heard from the servants that young master Shen Qi had come and couldn't quite believe it. Only when she went to the Jinhua Hall did she see Shen Qi, as well as Luo Huai Yuan who was happily chatting with Shen Yi Yao.
**

Shen Yi Yao rather cherished her nephew Shen Qi.
Her eldest brother Shen Dong was stationed at the border and three of her nephews were there as well. She only saw them once every few years.

Her second brother Shen Ding's family was in the capital, but Shen Ding's eldest son Shen He's temper had always been weird. Other people would remain close by as long as their parents were present, but he would often study abroad. They rarely saw him. Only Shen Qi remained by his parents' side, so he was cherished by everyone in the family. Otherwise, he wouldn't have such an unruly nature.

Shen Yi Yao was good at embroidery while she lived at home, and often made clothes for her parents and her brother and sister-in-law. After marriage, apart from making clothes for her husband and children, she still made some for her parents as well as her nephew Shen Qi. Even though she rarely went back to her maternal household in the past few years, she still made clothes for her nephew every once in a while. Shen Qi's age was similar to Yan Yan so she cherished him even more.

Therefore, Shen Yi Yao was rather happy to see Shen Qi. She had the maids serve tea and fruits. Shen Qi had just sat down when he asked her to let him stay and play for a period of time.

As Shen Qi's playmate, Luo Huai Yuan also received Shen Yi Yao's warm welcome.

Elders normally chatted a little with their children's playmates. Shen Yi Yao asked him a few things and Luo Huai Yuan sat there answering respectfully.
This fellow had put on a "sincere and honest" appearance. His white and chubby face revealed dimples as he maintained a bashful smile. When he wasn't messing around or doing weird things, he looked like an obedient child.

Luo Huai Yuan was a smooth talker to begin with. He did his best to flatter Shen Yi Yao. He said things like "auntie really doesn't look like Shen Qi's aunt, but more like his older sister", and "no wonder little sis Ah Yan looks like someone from a painting. Turns out she has such a beautiful mom", making Shen Yi Yao beam with happiness. Even being called auntie didn't feel too abrupt. Instead, it felt just right.

Yan Yan saw this scene as she entered and felt it was very weird.

First of all, little fatty Luo's expression was very strange, as though he had become an obedient child. If he went even further, he would look like a large fat dog, with wagging tail and lolling tongue, asking for hugs and affection. Furthermore, her mom who had been depressed recently actually laughed so happily.