Chapter 76.2

He leaned in slightly closer. How fragrant!

He licked his lips and smiled: "Little sis Ah Yan, what did you put on? It's so fragrant."

If it were a regular maiden, she would have definitely spat and cursed him for being a creep. It wasn't clear if it was because Yan Yan was too familiar with him or if it was her nature, but her expression was unperturbed. "My mom made me put it on. She said her daughter is grown now and needs to mind these things."

Along with her voice, another wave of faint sweet fragrance assaulted Luo Huai Yuan. This fragrance was very subtle, and seemed to not be there at all, but one couldn't avoid being captivated.

Luo Huai Yuan sniffed and sniffed again, feeling that this smell was different from the one before. He then looked at the jade-like skin that was so close, and was simply infatuated.

What to do? It's too much, it's too much. How can the little consort be so attractive? She's making him wish he could pull her into his arms and ruthlessly give her a kiss, two kisses, three, four kisses....

Yan Yan felt his gaze changing and turned to look: "What's up? Something to say?"

Luo Huai Yuan rubbed his nose before remembering his purpose in coming today: "There is indeed a matter. I might have to leave the capital for a period of time."

"Leave the capital?" Yan Yan was a little surprised. "

"How come?"

Normally, the princes would grow up in the palace and be given a vassal state once they came of age. They would leave the capital and couldn't return unless summoned by imperial decree. This was to say that prior to leaving, the princes wouldn't get an estate, and would remain within the palace.

This was to prevent princes from networking with officials. Of course, there were exceptions. For example, those who the emperor favored a lot naturally wouldn't have to follow the rules. Another example was Luo Huai Yuan, who was thrown out of the palace early on after rousing the emperor's disgust. It could be called "out of sight out of mind". It could also be said that Luo Huai Yuan might only ever be a prince in his lifetime.

"Going off to make money!" Luo Huai Yuan said without the slightest shame. "There are so many people in the estate and the internal affairs estate is discriminatory. If I don't go earn some money, my fourth prince estate is about to go under."

Yan Yan gave him a glance and felt he was exaggerating too much. No matter what, how could his majesty let his own son go bankrupt? At most he wouldn't be comfortably off.

Luo Huai Yuan felt a little guilty being stared at by Yan Yan, and hurriedly spoke the truth, "Actually I won't be gone for long. It's just that there's a matter I must personally handle. I'll be back in a few months. Little sis Ah Yan, no need to worry about me."

Yan Yan wasn't worried at all. Fine, she was a little.
This was because she knew it wasn't that easy for him to leave the capital. Without mentioning whether it would be discovered by the palace, the spies in his estate were also a concern. Furthermore, little fatty Luo was still so young and he intended on travelling far away. Was it safe on the road? He definitely couldn't bring too many people or it would attract attention. He might only be able to bring a few people with him.

It was as Yan Yan had guessed. Luo Huai Yuan intended to do just that. Apart from a few he knew he could trust, he didn't plan on bringing anyone else.

Yan Yan still wanted to question him further when Cui Ping came over from afar.

"Miss, young master Luo. The madam is calling you to come eat."

She could only leave it for now as the two headed to the Jinhua Hall.
*