Chapter 104 - Part 1

The situation was basically this.

Yan Qian had made a fuss about going to cool off in the garden. Eldest Madam Wu didn't have the energy to bother with her and just ordered the servants to watch her. Luckily, Yan Qian was tactful and didn't touch her bottom line. The servants just assumed she wanted to get some air and merely made sure she didn't encounter anyone.

Who would have thought Yan Qian still found an opportunity to have a chance encounter with the Wu household's eldest principal grandson Wu Feng Hao?

Wu Fueng Hao was someone with splendid prospects and overflowed with talent. He was merely twenty-five but was already a meritorious candidate at the Hanlin Academy. Normal people wouldn't qualify for these things and there were no backdoors to take. Only the top few scorers of each exam had this opportunity.

For Wu Feng Hao to reach this point at twenty-five, he was naturally studious and had the personality of a bookworm. Furthermore, he was kind and pitied the weak. Yan Qian wasn't shooting blindly when she chose him as her target.

Yan Qian had inherited Concubine Pei's weak and delicate appearance. She was able to evoke pity without even saying anything. When the maid watching her went to the bathroom, she ran off in a panic and bumped headlong into Wu Feng Hao who was passing by, falling into his arms.

Wu Feng Hao steadied her as she looked tearfully at him. She shivered in fear and lowered her head. She then quietly begged him not to say that he had seen her.

Seeing such a feeble and pitiful girl, Wu Feng Hao's curiosity was aroused and he questioned her a little. Yan Qian didn't have time to answer him, looking as though she were afraid of being caught. He led her into a study behind the garden.

This study was where Wu Feng Hao spent his time reading every day. The view was extremely good and it was very quiet. Wu Feng Hao liked the silence and the entire estate knew this. Normally, no one dared come bother him here.

Yan Qian thus hesitantly told him some selective pieces of information about herself.

According to her, she was an extremely pitiful concubine born daughter who lived a hard life under her principal mother. Once during an outing, her cousin had wormed some information out of her to curry favor with Wu Qiong Qiong.

Wu Qiong Qiong was Wu Feng Hao's sister, and this made him even more curious. Therefore, Yan Qian continued on with her story.

As a concubine born daughter without any backing, Yan Qian ended up being embroiled in the argument. The principal mother hated her for ruining her principal sister's name. Not only did she punish her ruthlessly, she even planned on marrying her far away to a widower who forced his previous wife to death. Yan Qian truly couldn't endure any longer and ran off. She was then robbed before running into Wu Qiong Qiong who was returning from Mt. Meng.

She had assumed Wu Qiong Qiong invited her to stay out of sympathy and kindness. Who knew she had gone out of the frying pan into the fire. Wu Qiong Qiong had wicked intentions and wanted to use Yan Qian against her principal sister.

This part was something Yan Qian guessed based on the situation over the past few days. She didn't really know if this was the truth.

However, Wu Qiong Qiong was Wu Feng Hao's sister, and he knew her very well. Although Wu Feng Hao was a bit of a blockhead, he still knew the ways of the world. Through Yan Qian's fear and the fact that she was watched by maids all day, Wu Feng Hao already guessed it couldn't be anything good.

His face turned ugly on the spot.

Although Wu Qiong Qiong was his sister, he didn't really like her. Wu Qiong Qiong was cunning and unruly. Due to being spoiled by her grandfather and cherished by her mother, she was uncontrollable. When she was home, she cursed and beat her servants. When she was out, she often got into arguments. Wu Feng Hao was aware of this.