Chapter 117

Luo Huai Yuan couldn't feel at ease leaving this matter to someone else and personally made a trip to the Pingsha Pass.

After making the decision, he had sent a letter to Yan Yan to say farewell.

Unexpectedly, after Yan Yan found out he was risking his life, she insisted on coming. Recalling that the little consort wasn't an ordinary girl, and also being quite pleased in his heart, Luo Huai Yuan agreed.

Shen Yi Yao naturally knew what her daughter was leaving to do, but didn't say anything to stop her. The fourth prince had brought quite a few guards and Yan Yan also brought Lady Hui. There was also Shen Dong at the Pingsha Pass so their safety wasn't a concern. Who would have thought that Shen Qi would also end up wanting to go? Him going was naturally useful and provided a cover for Yan Yan and Luo Huai Yuan.

The group of people travelled lightly via ship first. Sailing under the Zhenguo Duke Estate's flags allowed them to sail unhindered the entire way.

Once they went as far as they could by ship, they abandoned it and switched to horses. They barely rested along the way and only took ten days to reach the Pingsha Pass.

Shen Dong's niece and nephew had come, but what made Shen Dong most angry and anxious was that the fourth prince had come as well. Although they had many guards, the three of them were merely teenagers. What could such young people do!? However, the fourth prince had a letter from the Zhenguo Duke in hand, saving him some effort. After hearing Luo Huai Yuan's explanations, Shen Dong couldn't help but sigh in admiration.

Truly, truly too shameless!

However, it seems like it could work!?

With these thoughts, Shen Dong started arranging everything.

The Shen household had operated the Pingsha Pass for many years and their reach could be called all-encompassing. It wasn't like their troops hadn't counterattacked into the barbarians' lands before. Therefore, they had soldiers who could speak the language of the tribes. He pulled a batch of these soldiers and after some dressing up, they were led by Luo Huai Yuan out of the Pingsha Pass into the world of the barbarians.

The northern barbarians' territory was vast, but it was mostly made up of endless plains. Because the Shen household's troops were outstanding, they had beaten the tribes over the years into being afraid to poke their heads out. Therefore, there were no tribes to be found near the Pingsha Pass. Luo Huai Yuan was able to enter their territory without any issues.

Shen Dong naturally didn't feel comfortable about letting these children go by themselves. He sent some of his trusted aides along. If something really happened, these people along with the fine steeds they brought would be able to help them escape without any trouble.

The old man called Mu Ah was Shen Dong's logistics officer in disguise. He had joined the Zhenguo Duke's banner early on, and was now managing logistics due to his age. The old Mu Ah had grown up at the Pingsha Pass, and had interacted with these barbarians since he was a teenager. After several decades, he had a firm grasp on their customs and politics. Having his help was like adding wings to a tiger.

Understanding what this Young Noble Yun wanted to do, Mu Ah picked out this spot for him.

This spot was close to a water source. Those coming from the royal court would definitely stop here. As expected, Luo Huai Yuan's group was able to capture them.

Mu Ah naturally wasn't this old man's real name. He was surnamed Li and his name was Er Gou. People called him old dog Li.

Since Luo Huai Yuan's group was made up of juniors, they naturally didn't dare call him that. They addressed him as Uncle Li.

Fierce ConsortOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara