Chapter 88

The Wangxian Pavilion was completely silent.

No one would have thought Yan Yan would react this way.

Normally, proper ladies from major households would mind their words and actions, deeply afraid of seeming rude in front of others. They mostly didn't reveal their teeth when smiling, didn't sway their skirts when moving, and every thought and action was proper. Even if someone offended them, they would act is if nothing was amiss despite being angered into spitting blood on the inside.

Even if they wanted to punish someone, they would find a moral highground, telling everyone that they had no choice. Although this wasn't what they really thought, it was expected of them.

Noblewomen couldn't bicker with riffraff. Wouldn't that be lowering their own status?!

The proper ladies of major households all acted meticulously and smoothly. Liu Shu Yi was already an exception that startled others. Unexpectedly, there was an even simpler and violent one here that actually threatened others in front of everyone!

Was there going to be a fight?

Fights weren't something that broke out within the social circles of noblewomen. The misses watching on the side were both scared yet also excited. They couldn't help but clench their handkerchiefs.

There were quite a few people here who hated Wu Qiong Qiong. Everyone knew she was rude and unreasonable, but she was also cherished by her grandfather who was a high official. Therefore, when someone disagreed with her normally, they would usually endure it. Someone walking barefoot wouldn't be afraid of someone wearing shoes. They couldn't let her ruin their reputation as well.

Because of this, every time they saw Liu Shu Yi and Wu Qiong Qiong start arguing, everyone wished to see Wu Qiong Qiong eat a loss. This was because she had already made many of them eat losses. Wasn't it time for someone to keep her in check!? But Liu Shu Yi and Wu Qiong Qiong were evenly matched.

Whenever they quarreled, there wasn't really a clear victor. Now that Liu Shu Yi had a helper, everyone held their breath in anticipation.

"You, what do you want to do?"

Those words evoked Wu Qiong Qiong's painful memories, making her recall several unbearable things from the past.

She still remembered how she was stronger than this violent girl in the past, but would still get easily pressed to the floor. Her hair would be ruined, her beautiful skirt dirtied and her face completely lost.
......

Yan Yan curled her lips. "That depends on what you want to do."

Wu Qiong Qiong gritted her teeth inside, but still had to put on a disdainful appearance. She sneered, "I can't be bothered to bicker with you. It would only ruin my image!"

After speaking, she took Pei Jia Yu and hurriedly left.

These words had been said by many who quarreled with Wu Qiong Qiong before. Unexpectedly, the day had come where she had to use the same words to keep her dignity.

When these words came out, many on the scene started laughing. They all used their handkerchiefs to cover up as their eyes crinkled. Wu Qiong Qiong had already left the Wangxian Pavilion. Her angrily departing figure could still be seen, but her wretched appearance also couldn't be concealed.

The majority of the people started commenting.
"Peh, to think she would also have such a day!"

"How satisfying. That rude and unreasonable person!"

It was clear there were many present who had been offended by Wu Qiong Qiong in the past. It just wasn't convenient for them to bicker with her due to their faces. A few young misses came up in succession to smile and chat with Yan Yan. Liu Shu Yi knew most of them, and with her introductions everyone chatted happily.