Chapter 107

"What matter did mom call daughter-in-law over for?"

After Shen Yi Yao gave her greetings, she stood around two meters from the bed.
"You mean to say I cannot look for you without reason?"

Ever since the time she fainted, the old madam's speech had become a little incoherent. It was still mostly possible to understand what she was saying, but it was just a little slurred. However, it was possible to infer her meaning.

When the Pei old madam heard the old madam speaking so aggressively, she hurriedly smiled and tried to smooth things over. "That's not what your mom meant. Her heart just aches because you are so busy all the time. Isn't that the case? Such a large household is dependent upon you!"

When the old madam heard the meaning behind her words being twisted, she almost flipped out.
She was about to speak up when the Pei old madam secretly pinched her. Only then did she recall that she needed to ask for help, and angrily shut her mouth.

Yan Yan had been impatient initially, but at this moment rather felt like laughing. She casually had the maids bring over two chairs and sat down, waiting to see what show these two were planning to put on. Shen Yi Yao also allowed herself to be pulled to sit down.

The Pei old madam smiled and chatted casually with Shen Yi Yao a little. She praised Yan Yan's good looks, asked about the date of the wedding and chattered a whole lot before tearing up and describing the recent events.

Actually, Shen Yi Yao was more or less aware of what had happened to the Pei household. However, it wasn't convenient for her to interrupt her elder so she could only pretend not to know. Since the Pei old madam was willing to talk, she would sit and quietly listen.

As the Pei old madam finished up, she became emotional. "I know we must have offended someone. If they want something, they can just say it. Why do all this!? We have no idea who we offended for them to bully our household of orphans and this widow."

The Pei old madam continuously wiped her tears with her handkerchief. Shen Yi Yao sat docilely on the side, but didn't say anything. She didn't even say any words of comfort.

The Pei old madam cried while signaling the old madam with her eyes.

The old madam rolled her eyes at her. She had already said this method wouldn't work, but her sister-in-law insisted on using this "emotional appeal". Now she ended up being deflated.

The old madam looked at Shen Yi Yao, twisted her mouth and spoke, "This isn't just anyone. She's your aunt-in-law. Your uncle-in-law had a hard life and just passed away. Now that his household has encountered difficulties, you should go to your maternal household and ask the Zhenguo Duke to make a move. Find out which household is so daring as to threaten others under the feet of the son of heaven."

Shen Yi Yao paused and raised her head. She first looked worried to express her sympathy, and then asked a few questions before coming up with a suggestion.

"I feel aunt-in-law can take that dead cat over to the Heavens Abiding Estate. Mother-in-law is correct. Who is so daring as to threaten others under the feet of the son of heaven?"

"That won't work, that won't work!" The Pei old madam continuously waved her hand and moaned: "Those who dare do this are definitely not ordinary people. Now that your uncle-in-law has passed away, our household has no backing. We don't dare make an irreversible move."

"But aren't things already irreversible?"

These words were spoken by Yan Yan.
What were they doing back then?

Since they had come to an agreement with someone, they should have just obediently stayed indoors. It was still fine if the women started arguing, but they actually got involved in matters of the court. Wasn't this just asking for death!?

Fierce ConsortOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara