Chapter 154

Yan Yan stretched her neck for a look.

Within the small crimson bundle was a cute little thing with chubby cheeks and tender skin. Some dark baby hair was on her head. Her brows were faint and she had some bags under her eyes.

However, it was clear she would definitely by a large-eyed little doll in the future. The small mouth squirmed as though she hadn't eaten her fill, making her look pitiful.

"Has she been fed?" Yan Yan asked.

"The wetnurse has fed her already."

Yan Yan nodded and felt her slightly swollen chest. She had Lan'er bring one of the grannies her mom brought over, wanting them to check if she already had milk at this point.

Soon, the granny arrived.

The granny ordered the servants to prepare a basin of warm water and a clean towel before asking the Yun Prince to leave. Although Luo Huai Yuan was dying of curiosity, he still carried his daughter and left.

Seeing that the Yun Prince had left, that granny had the palace maids undo Yan Yan's clothes and expose one of her breasts. She then washed her hands in the warm water and reached out to feel Yan Yan's chest.

Yan Yan's breast was extremely swollen and hurt when touched. That granny saw Yan Yan involuntarily frown and first asked for forgiveness before washing the towel in the warm water and wringing it dry. She covered Yan Yan's breast with it. The heat made Yan yan tremble involuntarily. The granny didn't look at her expression and merely asked her to endure a little before starting to massage it.

The massaging motions were light at first before gradually becoming harder. There was a sudden pain and Yan Yan felt something squirt out.

"It's done." That granny revealed a pleased expression.

Then, the clothes were adjusted and the same thing was done for the other side. Soon, both sides had been cleared.

After the granny left, Lan'er brought over a basin of clean warm water and helped Yan Yan wipe down both sides. Right as they were done, Luo Huai Yuan came back inside with the small bundle. It turned out he hadn't gone far and had been waiting behind the screen on the side.

"Hand our daughter over. I'll try to feed her. Let's see if she'll eat."

Yan Yan carefully brought the little princess close. Her actions were inexperienced. After struggling for a while, she finally found the appropriate position and put her nipple in the baby's mouth.

Although she was still asleep, she seemed to react instinctively. The moment something entered her mouth, she started suckling. At first she did it lightly, but seemingly sensing this was her mom's milk, she subconsciously started using some strength. Luo Huai Yuan watched as his daughter suckled while her eyes were closed.

What should he do? He was so jealous. Would his wife be willing to spare him a mouthful?

However, he knew this was impossible. Luo Huai Yuan could only watch the blessed little person enviously.

~~~~~~
The Three Washes Ceremony was held in the delivery room's reception.

They didn't have other relatives in the Yun Province to begin with. Therefore, it was just held with the people who were present. During the striking of the basin, the little princess cried especially loudly. Shen Yi Yao smiled and said Yan Yan had been the same way back then. Everyone had said this signified that the child would definitely be healthy in the future. As expected, Yan Yan had always been very healthy.

Yan Yan was extremely bored during her puerperium.

She wasn't allowed to get off the bed and wasn't allowed to sit for too long. She could only sleep. When she had nothing to do, she slept. Yan Yan was about to die of boredom. Her only source of amusement was watching her daughter grow day by day.