Chapter 92.2

Normally this journey only required a day, but the emperor going out was always a complicated affair.

They took two days before they arrived. After resting for a day, Emperor Xi arranged a banquet and invited his close officials and the other royals.
Senior Concubine Xu had also tagged along this time. She sat with Empress Xiao on either side of Emperor Xi to serve him. Her seat was slightly lower, but was still above everyone else.

The princes sat in a row on the left side while the emperor's close officials sat on the right. For example, the Zhenguo Duke, the Chengguo Duke and so on. Next came some of the nobles and high-ranked officials. Senior Concubine Xu's maternal family the Chengen Marquis Estate's people were naturally there. Her dad and younger brother were both in attendance.

Emperor Xi showed a hint of surprise at seeing Luo Huai Yuan. Empress Xiao didn't miss this display of emotion.

Seeing this, she hurriedly spoke in his ear: "The fourth prince isn't young anymore. No matter what, he's still your majesty's son. The second prince is about to get married, and this one sees that little sis Senior Concubine is planning on choosing his consort at this hunt. Since that is the case, as the principal mother I cannot overlook the fourth prince. Although he's not yet of age, I'll help take a look first. The fourth prince is timid and doesn't like to show himself in front of others. He's also outside the palace. We can't let him be wifeless in the future, right?"

Emperor Xi smiled and nodded, patting the empress's hand: "The empress is still more benevolent."

Empress Xiao smiled slightly and was very magnanimous. "Majesty is overpraising. This one is just doing her duty."

The emperor and the empress were displaying their affection and naturally no one dared to sneak glances at them. Everyone focused on the alcohol and delicacies. But this didn't mean that Senior Concubine Xu could remain aloof.

Senior Concubine Xu was in the prime of her youth. She looked very slender and delicate. Each frown or smile contained a sort of pitiful charm.

At this time, she slightly furrowed her brows and leaned over to Emperor Xi's side, calling lovably: "Majesty."

Emperor Xi immediately straightened up and leaned over to her. "Beloved concubine, what's the matter?"

Senior Concubine Xu covered her mouth with a sleeve and giggled cutely. She said softly: "This one just suddenly wondered if there were any prizes for tomorrow's winner. You also know that child has waited a long time for tomorrow's event. He's always bothering this one about wanting to show his valiance to his royal father."

The third prince was currently sixteen. As he matured, he struggled in his studies more and more. Instead, his martial skills were extremely good. He was resolute and bold. He could fire arrows on a horse and fend off ten men by himself on foot. Emperor Xi was deeply fond of him.

"Of course there's a prize. Have Qi'er prepare properly. If he takes first place tomorrow, We will definitely reward him handsomely!"

Senior Concubine Xu answered with a smile: "Yes."
She sounded gentle and charming.

Empress Xiao's face imperceptibly tightened.

The crown prince's martial skills were mediocre. Everyone knew this.

Actually it was fine to let her have this round. The problem was that this woman had been very ostentatious recently. She was afraid of the crown prince being used as a stepping stone, and being embarrassed in front of everyone tomorrow.

Empress Xiao's gaze swept over the crown prince.

His expression wasn't too good. This son of hers ultimately couldn't control himself well enough, and his expression revealed too much. The second prince Luo Jin sat next to him. He wore a dignified smile and looked like a proper role model. Then came the third prince Luo Qi. His face was filled with excitement, probably hoping to take first place tomorrow.