Chapter 59

Manager Zhou brought the box back and it swiftly made its way to Second Madam Shen's desk.

Actually, Luo Huai Yuan wasn't asking for too much. He merely mentioned briefly the "come back if good secret recipe meat skewer" business model and philosophy. He asked for it to remain the same. Then he brought up the splitting of future profits.

Luo Huai Yuan was rather frank. He stated that since the Zhenguo Duke Estate was providing most of the effort in spreading the business, he naturally would be embarrassed if he took too much of the profits. For the sake of fairness, he wouldn't insist on splitting it fifty-fifty. He would give up ten percent, and only take forty percent of the profits.
His tone sounded frank, but it was also a little shameless.

Manager Zhou had been prepared to discuss the agreement but the other side wasn't willing to discuss with him. His attitude was astonishingly forthright. Since he stated he would "only take forty percent", wouldn't they be embarrassed if they refused?!

Second Madam Shen laughed in spite of herself.
At the same time, the Zhenguo Duke also learned about this matter.

This entire process proved that the other side had already made preparations and waited for him to come to the door.

This junior couldn't be underestimated!

Although he was a little crafty, it truly made one unable to look down on him.

This won't be mentioned for now.

For the sake of astonishing the little consort in one go, Luo Huai Yuan didn't mention his business in his recent letters to Yan Yan.

Now that he had gotten some success, he naturally had to astound her and make her look up to him.

Along with superficially saying that business was going pretty well, he added a rather profound line: there was a "come back if good secret recipe meat skewers" stand down the street from the Weiyuan Marquis Estate. This was personally arranged by him so little sis Ah Yan could eat while it's hot. This thing wasn't like anything else, and wouldn't be good if it was cold.

Apart from laughing in spite of herself, Yan Yan had Mei Xiang arrange someone to buy some.

Before long, hot and fragrant skewers were sent over.

Yan Mo's eyes lit up at this novelty and he looked like he wanted a bite.

Yan Yan first tried one of them. The taste was very unique. If what they ate in the Zhenguo Duke Estate before was tasty, this was extremely delicious. Seeing her little brother also want some, she gave him two skewers and told him it was spicy. It wouldn't be good for the stomach if he ate too much.

Yan Mo ate until his mouth was covered in grease. He wanted more but was afraid his big sis wouldn't permit it. He could only continue to look pitifully at his sister.

Yan Yan was helpless and gave him another one while ordering Mei Xue to bring a bowl of sweetened pear water over.

She wasn't being stingy in not letting her brother eat. It was because Ah Mo's stomach had always been weak. Although his health had gotten better, he still needed to watch what he ate.

Yan Mo ate carefully and very slowly. After he was done, he no longer looked over. He held the porcelain bowl as he drank the pear water.
"Big sis, this is the barbecued skewer big bro Luo and big bro Qi came up with?"

Yan Yan nodded and wiped her mouth with her handkerchief. She gave the rest of the skewers for Mei Xiang to split amongst themselves.

The group of maids weren't able to resist the fragrant smell and left the room to eat. They praised the taste while eating.