Chapter 163

Luo Huai Yuan had been making too many little moves recently, and it was inevitably noticed by Yan Yan.

There were many things he no longer kept from her. Although she didn't ask in detail, she had a general idea of what her man was thinking.

Yan Yan truly couldn't figure out why Luo Huai Yuan would want to put effort into the Jing Province. On the surface, the Jing Prince had no advantages whatsoever.

However, she truly didn't understand the matters of the court. She only saw a few clues from the fact that the Zhenguo Duke Estate became more and more low-key. Another matter was Yan Mo.

Yan Mo had passed the provincial-level examination two years ago. However, he didn't go for the next exam in one go. Instead, he remained quiet and stayed at home. He would occasionally exchange some verses with a few of his friends. Recently, he suddenly decided to go on a trip. In his letter to Yan Yan, he said he was going to the Fu Province for a stroll, treating it as a learning trip.

Learning trip?

The Shen household truly had too many people who liked to go on learning trips. Luo Huai Yuan's explanation for Yan Mo not taking the next exam when he could've was simply that it wasn't the right time.

Just when was the right time? No one knows.

Yan Yan was naturally upset about this but Luo Huai Yuan comforted her by saying it was only a few years.

Knowing that her brother was leaving the capital after the New Year, Yan Yan was very concerned. Just the letters from her alone were a huge stack, let alone all sorts of food, drink, toys and useful items. Along with the New Year's gifts for the Zhenguo Duke Estate and Shen Yi Yao, several large carriages were sent to the capital.

Luo Huai Yuan didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He told Yan Yan she didn't need to worry. Shen Qi, Shen Xuan and Shen He were all over by the Fu Province. Yan Mo would be fine even if he walked sideways there. Wasn't it a little laughable sending him so many things? Of course, there was some jealousy involved. When he had left back then, his wife hadn't been so worried about him.

Yan Yan couldn't be bothered to argue with him. Was that the same thing? Luo Huai Yuan had gone to the Fu Province when he was twelve, during the pirate invasions. Not only did he return unharmed, he even made the biggest sum of money he ever had in his life. Yan Mo couldn't be compared to him. In Yan Yan's mind, Ah Mo was still that weak little brother who needed to be protected.

Hearing this, Luo Huai Yuan rolled his eyes several times.

What a worrywart! Was Yan Mo a weakling who needed to be looked after? Fine, it did seem to be the case on the surface. However, Luo Huai Yuan who had put a lot of effort on Yan Mo over the years knew that his brother-in-law was quite the two-face. Therefore, a person's appearance was sometimes an advantage. Having an innocent and weak appearance was also a sort of advantage.

Yan Mo who was in the distant capital naturally didn't sense Luo Huai Yuan's grumbling.

He was currently having a headache. Ever since he said he wanted to go on a trip, even though he had chosen the Fu Province which his mom felt was the safest, it still didn't alleviate her worries.

After Shen Yi Yao got remarried, Yan Mo alternated between staying at the Qi Estate and the Zhenguo Duke Estate, though he spent most of his time in the latter. After he brought the matter up, Shen Yi Yao forcibly brought him back to the Qi Estate and smothered him with motherly love daily. She fussed over him and worried until Yan Mo almost went crazy.

Yan Mo couldn't handle his own mom and could only ask his stepdad Qi Ran for help. Luckily the two of them were good partners from before. With Yan Mo's explanations and Qi Ran's comforting, they gradually reduced Shen Yi Yao's worries.