Chapter 76

What Shen Yi Yao knew, Yan Yan naturally knew as well.

She was wondering if her dad had shed all pretenses.

Whether he had or not wasn't important at the moment. She naturally had to worry about the situation at the Jinhua Hall. Therefore, Yan Mo was sent over once again. However, he wasn't really needed this time. His mom was very calm.
Only after hearing this did Yan Yan relax.

Luo Huai Yuan had been coming to the manor diligently.

Sometimes he would fumble over without Shen Qi. After coming, he would first go to the Jinhua Hall and coax Shen Yi Yao into smiling happily and wishing she could cherish him as her own son.
He would bring quite a lot of things everytime he came. Sometimes it was food, othertimes it was playthings. Some were for Shen Yi Yao, some were for Yan Mo. It was Yan Yan who received the least from him. Even if she got something, it was at most some snacks.

Shen Yi Yao was very satisfied at seeing this. Yuan'er was a child who understood societal taboos. Therefore, she relaxed her guard and didn't have Yan Yan avoid him. She viewed him as someone similar to her nephew Shen Qi.

The days gradually grew warmer. The manor was extremely busy recently. The arrival of spring signaled the start of farming season.

Shen Yi Yao's manor appeared to occupy a sizeable area, but the farmland only occupied half of it. Qiao Rong had considered things thoroughly and chose to plant trees and vegetables on mountainous and sloped lands, or used them to raise poultry. The manor's harvest each year could be sold for a good amount of money.

Therefore, this manor could be considered outstanding amongst Shen Yi Yao's dowry. It was even better than some businesses.

The weather had just gotten better when construction started in the plum flower forest behind the Guiyan Chambers.

Yan Yan saw it early on but didn't think too much about it. Only after Mei Xue told her did she find out what was being built. Mei Xue had only just found out from one of the little lasses before hurrying over to inform the miss.

The madam had instructed for a martial training grounds to be constructed in the clearing.

After Yan Yan heard this, she was a little startled.
Truthfully speaking, the reason she was able to learn martial arts in the beginning was because Yan Ting allowed her to. How could a five year old child know what she liked? It was because Shen Yi Yao had told her many stories about her grandfather and uncles that her interest in martial arts was aroused.

After learning for two years, Yan Ting went to the border. Her mom was no longer willing to let her continue learning. Only then did she find out that Shen Yi Yao hadn't wanted her to learn martial arts to begin with.

The small training grounds she was given got taken down. Mom said girls needed to be elegant and dignified. Learning martial arts would make others look down on her. No one liked girls who played around with blades and spears. Might as well learn a few things girls should learn.

Yan Yan was stubborn. The more she was forbidden to do something, the more she wanted to do it. Gradually, it became a habit she couldn't get rid of. Afterwards, she started training bitterly because she truly enjoyed it.

Yan Yan quickly brushed these thoughts away.
She should be looking to the future, not the past.
As of now, things were very good.

She was well, her brother was well and her mom was also well. The sky was the limit and it was bright and clear.

The martial training grounds were quickly completed. Although it couldn't be compared to the one at the Zhenguo Duke Estate, it also wasn't small.

The day it was done, while eating dinner at the Jinhua Hall, Shen Yi Yao spoke: "Mom won't stop you from practicing martial arts. However, you're no longer young and should also get started with the other things you should be learnaing. Ah Mo as well. It's time to arrange a teacher for his studies. I've already instructed Qiao Rong to arrange it."
Yan Yan didn't raise any objections.