Chapter 159

On this day, the entire Xianyun Hall was busy.

There were many palace maids and eunuchs going in and out. They all had their assigned roles. Matron Zou put aside all her tasks and kept an eye on things.

On the other side, Yan Yan's contractions had started. Due to being experienced, she wasn't flustered. She had Lan'er and the rest prepare hot water for a bath. After the bath, she ate a little in a calm manner.

Little Niu Niu was also there. She wore a crimson little jacket and small cotton trousers. She was being held and fed food by the wetnurse. As she ate, she looked curiously at Lan'er and Liu'er who seemed to be preparing for a great battle.

"Mom."

Niu Niu had grown up. She pointed at Lan'er's group and stared at Yan Yan with large eyes, seemingly asking what was going on.

Yan Yan's forehead was covered in sweat. She glanced at the people calmly and told Niu Niu: "They saw Niu Niu was obedient and ate a lot today, so they feel Niu Niu is very awesome."

Hearing this, Niu Niu was happy. Her little face bloomed in a smile.

"Eat more, eat more." She instructed the wetnurse to continue feeding her.

"Mom will be busy in a bit and cannot stay with Niu Niu. Niu Niu has to behave, ok?"

After Luo Huai Yuan left, Niu Niu stopped throwing tantrums before long. The only thing was that she became very clingy with Yan Yan. Otherwise, Yan Yan wouldn't make the effort to explain all this to her one year old daughter.

"Busy?"

Niu Niu widened her eyes and repeated before nodding her head obediently.

Seeing this, everyone let out a breath.

After the meal, Lan'er's group supported Yan Yan and hurried over to the delivery room. As they left, Niu Niu was playing with her toys on the kiln by herself.

When they walked out of the doors, everyone's expressions changed. Yan Yan wasn't even able to walk and had people carry her into the delivery room on a palanquin.

This birth wasn't as easy as her first. She struggled for over half the day. Only when Yan Yan felt exhausted did she manage to give birth with difficulty.

It was a boy.

Along with the baby's cries, Yan Yan slowly drifted into the sweet darkness.

~~~~~
When Luo Huai Yuan returned, he encountered the following scene.

The older one was crying for her mom while the younger one was crying in the delivery room.
Niu Niu didn't cry easily but when she started, no one could coax her. When the servants saw his highness had returned, they hurriedly sent Niu Niu over.

Luo Huai Yuan held his daughter whose face was red from crying. There was also a little red dumpling wrapped in a bundle in front of him, bawling with his eyes closed. At this time, Luo Huai Yuan really wanted to cry as well. He was tearing up with joy and excitement.

When Yan Yan woke up, there were three faces in front of her.

The small face had its eyes closed and slept soundly. The two other faces, one large and round, one small and round, both had round and shifty eyes.

Yan Yan suddenly had a thought. Would her daughter become as fat as Luo Huai Yuan when she grew up? She involuntarily imagined her cute daughter with her husband's large physique. Yan Yan felt it was unacceptable. She definitely couldn't let her daughter become as fat as Luo Huai Yuan...
Right as she was thinking nonsense, their voices rang from next to her.