Chapter 123

Senior Concubine Xu was truly flabbergasted.
She had never seen such a rash person. A new wife who just married in dared to not care about her dignity and make a ruckus at the internal affairs department.

After her shock, she started laughing. When she laughed, it was like the blooming of a hundred flowers and she looked peerlessly magnificent.

Senior Concubine Xu wasn't an absolute beauty. Her appearance was only above average and there were many women who were more beautiful within the palace. Her beauty lay in her unique temperament. This sort of implicit charm was different from others. She was gentle like water and also contained a trace of extreme modesty and pitifulness.

"Concubine, this fourth consort is a complete hothead. She's made a fool of herself now."
Senior Concubine Xu merely laughed and didn't comment.

The same conversation was happening at the same time at the Fengqi Palace.

"Empress, this fourth consort is a complete brute. His majesty should have bestowed her upon the second prince back then. If he had someone like her dragging him down, Senior Concubine Xu's side would probably be filled with regret."

"What do you understand? If this person was really bestowed to the second prince, that sneak would have gotten a lot of help. If it weren't for someone purposefully doing this, would a grand consort ignore her own dignity and make a fuss at the internal affairs department?"

"......."

"This Xu bitch never forgets to try and screw others over when doing things. This time she's using the internal affairs department. Since this seat isn't responsible for them, we'll just sit and watch the show." Empress Xiao revealed an obscure smile.

"Yes."

~~~~~~~~

As expected, the cold weather didn't stop the rumors from spreading throughout the palace.

Around the second day, it seemed the entire palace was aware that the fourth consort had made a huge ruckus at the internal affairs department.

There were naturally many watching in amusement in the various palaces and courtyards. These rumors left out the part where the internal affairs department withheld the Xianyun Hall's allowance, and merely focused on the forth consort making a fuss. The rumors made her sound extremely terrifying and described her as a shrew.

The reason these rumors existed was to satisfy people's mischief. These palace maids and eunuchs had such a low status in the palace. Now that they could make trouble for someone high above them, they were all extremely excited. Some who hadn't seen Yan Yan before fell just short of describing her as seven feet tall and extremely sturdy, not at all like a woman. Otherwise, she wouldn't have been matched with the fourth prince.

The rumors spread more and more fiercely. Empress Xiao finally couldn't just keep watching anymore and put an end to it. At the same time, she also sent her palace maids to give the main perpetrator, Yan Yan, a scolding. She was punished with ten days of confinement.

During this entire process, Mei Xiang's group were so scared their hearts were about to jump out.

However, Yan Yan and Luo Huai Yuan didn't seem to care and acted as though nothing was wrong. The confinement was perfect. These days Yan Yan didn't want to go pay respects at the Fengqi Hall due to the snow and slippery roads.

They intended on shutting the doors and minding their own business. Unexpectedly, although they didn't want to cause any trouble, trouble came to find them. After the empress punished Yan Yan with confinement, Lu Xiu Ling came to the door the next day.