Chapter 8

Damn Idol Episode 8

* * *

<COMING UP NEXT> became quite a hot topic among aspiring idols.

Even those who knew the hidden planning intention behind the program did the same.

"It's going to be on TV anyway, right? If I'm eliminated, it's up to me whether I stay with the agency or leave."

Things in the world don't always go according to nature, but that's not entirely wrong.

In this atmosphere, the number of applicants for Coming Up Next steadily increased.

Some people were confident in their skills, and some people were confident in their story.

However, Lion Entertainment's selection criteria were clear.

Coming Up Next B Team is ultimately a supporting role to boost A Team (take scene).

At the same time, you have to pay attention to viewership ratings and consider that you could become a Lion Entertainment trainee in the future.

So there were some things that were more important than skill.

First of all, handsome guy.

For idols, face is talent and narrative.

Of course, those who show off too much and lack skills are bound to be criticized.......

Team B definitely needed a vase like this.

Because they are good-looking, they immediately gain the support of viewers, but as the missions continue, it is difficult to compare them to the take scene when it comes to their main job.

Through these people, they can give Take Scene a narrative of overcoming.

Even though the appearance may be a bit different, they seem to be able to overcome it because they're full of venom in their main job.

Moreover, if a flower like this debuts after several years of training at Lion Entertainment, it is easy to acquire its own growth narrative.

-When you were doing Coming Up Next, it seemed like you only trusted your face, but when I saw you debut, I saw your skills have improved.

-I'm proud to see how hard you practiced.

-When you performed on your debut stage, I looked emotional as if remembering the old days.

The moment these words are said, the game is over.

Secondly, a guy with a lot of personality.

It doesn't matter if each member of Team B does better than the take scene.

No, it's actually better.

However, take scene's teamwork requires to be overwhelming.

To achieve this, Team B must bring together people with unique personalities who are difficult to get along with.

These are people who stand out when doing individual missions at the beginning of the program, but become weaker when it comes to team missions.

The more people like this, the more outstanding the take scene becomes.

Lastly, people with many stories.

Any story is good.

It's better if it's a story that brings viewers to tears.

These will drive viewer ratings and topicality.

But at the same time, it makes you feel tired.

It may become an issue once, but if it happens a second or third time, viewers unconsciously feel tired.