Chapter 34

Damn Idol Episode 34

There were many factors that made me nervous.

Despite all this effort, it was far-fetched that I could not even exceed 50 million copies, let alone 200 million copies.

The frustration of not being able to share my true story anywhere.

I obviously tried like crazy and achieved great success, but I felt hopeless that everything would go to waste anyway.

And what bothered me more than anything was cognitive dissonance.

I was confused as to whether I was really Han Si-on or whether I was a crazy psychopath delusional.

Panic disorder and depression from numerous causes tormented me, and at some point, I became addicted to drugs.

Even in that situation, I was still filled with anger and resentment about album sales, so I fought with the staff almost every day and clashed with management.

And aside from that, Koreans at that time didn't like me very much.

No, they hated it.

I shouted "I Love Japan" to try to sell at least one more album, but then I went around being called a traitor.

That's how much I wanted to sell at least one more album at the time.

I couldn't get through each day without that kind of achievement, so I asked my management to report my album sales every day.

According to the record, I felt good like a manic patient, and then I felt sad like a depressed person.

When the 5th round, which was so intense, ended in failure, I suddenly felt like I wanted to run away.

Rather than deciding success or failure with my own hands, I wanted to leave it to others.

So I decided to become an idol in the 6th episode.

Looking back, I don't think I really liked idols during the first episode.

There was no particular reason, it was just that I was a person with no clue about the world who was suffering from Hongdae disease and hipster disease.

But after about the 6th episode, I didn't even feel that way.

Moreover, if I succeed as an idol, won't I be able to eat all of Korea, Japan, China, and Southeast Asia?

After two years as a trainee, I debuted as the leader and main vocalist of a team called <For the Youth>.

The team achieved immediate success.

The debut title song I pushed immediately reached #1 on the music charts, and the follow-up song I composed reached #1 on three broadcasting companies.

After that, as we achieved success with a lot of songs I touched, the way the company looked at me changed.

They treated me not just as the leader of an idol group, but as an artist with a genius sense.

I was also able to pursue solo activities to my heart's content.

But success was short-lived.

Discord soon arose.

I don't quite remember what the starting point of the feud was.

I think it was my solo activity, or it was the year-end Song Festival.

It was a very old memory, and I tried hard to forget it.

At first, I had a good relationship with the For the Youth members, so I tried to eliminate the discord.

We divided the profits earned through solo activities into N portions, and even fought with the company to guarantee the members' individual activities.