Chapter 17

Damn Idol Episode 17

Blue must have read the absurdity in my eyes, and shrugged his shoulders.

"It's because I've seen so many people like that. Well, I guess not you."

"I will be more careful about the areas you are concerned about."

"Okay, that's enough. I saw the mission in advance, so I'll just cover it up and trust it."

"thank you."

"Oh yeah, you said you haven't selected a song yet, right, Taehwan?"

"yes. I'm thinking about it."

"What do you think, Sion? What do you think would suit Taehwan if he sang something?"

You said we were going to speak naturally, but why are you asking so openly?

"hmm... ... . Personally, you have a natural sense of rhythm, so I think it would be good to do it with a singing rap feel."

"Singing rap? But he's not a rapper?"

"I am not asking you to rap, but I wanted you to sing a song that shows your sense of rhythm. Like contemporary R&B or trap house."

"Then what about Tropical House?"

What I felt while monitoring music so far was that K-pop is surprisingly good at accepting subgenres.

This is probably a trend that occurred as the industry grew and collaborations with overseas composers became more frequent.

But I don't know why, but K-pop really likes deep house.

Among them, they especially like the subgenre Tropical House.

No matter how much tropical house is danceable and easy to listen to, this is at the level of obsessive insanity.

"Tropical house is good, but I think the two-four rhythm suits it better than one-three."

After taking a sip of water, Blue glanced at Koo Tae-hwan and asked.

"Sion says so, but what does Taehwan think?"

"...... I'll try my best."

Is that it?

I tried my best to tell you, but I feel lost.

Well, I guess it might be unfamiliar.

When we did the pre-mission, it seemed like he liked ballads with a cheerful feel, but it was far from the two-four rhythm typical of black music.

When I didn't say anything more, Blue didn't add anything either.

After finishing the meal, we went back to our respective practice spaces.

The choreography is a bit unfamiliar, so I think I need to get a feel for it and show it to the trainer.

Oh, I also have something to ask the arrangement team.

As Blue suggested, it is an original song without any arrangement, but there is just one thing to do.

While I was watching a YouTube video with that thought in mind, I heard a knocking sound.

When I opened the door, it was Koo Tae-hwan.

"I tried selecting some songs based on what you said."

"uh... ... . yes."

Did you decide to take my advice because you couldn't find anything to choose?

I was embarrassed, but since the camera was rolling, I didn't show it and received the song selection list.