Chapter 72

Damn Idol Episode 72

Album 7. Options

Whether rapping, in an indie band, or making music that's difficult to define a genre.

There is a natural attitude that comes with making music in the underground.

That is, hostility toward overground music.

In particular, the most commercial idol music is the number one target of gossip.

After COVID-19, this atmosphere will disappear as world stars are born, but this was not the case yet in 2017.

Of course, that doesn't mean that all underground musicians hate idols.

There are people who like it.

However, if all your colleagues hate idols, you have no choice but to keep quiet.

Sim Seong-bo, who plays keyboard in an indie band called <Evening Promise>, was also like that.

In fact, Shim Seong-bo was immersed in Han Si-on's music these days.

"Honestly, isn't Han Si-on so pretentious?"

However, it was a bit difficult to shield the members from gossiping behind their backs.

In this case, there was only one choice.

"I don't know. I don't listen."

Pretending to be indifferent.

In Sim Seong-bo's opinion, Han Si-on has properly addressed the negative feelings of underground musicians.

Han Si-on is good at music.

He's really good at that too.

He's so crazy good that Chris Edwards recognizes him as a genius.

Still, he wants to become an idol, so he dances on stage and act cute.

'Have you ever acted cute?'

The reason underground musicians continue making music even when they feel hungry is because they want to create something decent.

If I had as much talent as Han Si-on, I wouldn't have done something like that.

I think I could have made better music in a better position.

This created a sense of relative deprivation.

So whenever underground musicians gathered together, they were busy criticizing Han Sion.

"Sim Seong-bo, are you really not listening?"

"I heard it on the street. But I don't listen to it."

"Okay? Why not listen and give it a try?"

"Why? Here?"

"There's nothing to do."

The guitarist who said that went to the studio's shared computer and searched for 'Han Sion' on a music site.

"Two songs now, huh?"

"Why?"

"Three songs?"

"What?"

"There are three songs on the music charts."

"Eh?"

Sim Seong-bo got up from his seat and quickly headed to the computer.

When he took the subway to the studio, there were only <Under the Streetlight> and <Falling Flowers> on the music charts.

'Oh, was what broadcasted yesterday released as an audio source?'