Chapter 67

Damn Idol Episode 67

* * *

The first time On Saemiro realized about 'difference' was in elementary school.

As he grew up and thought about it, the difference was 'class'.

"They said we're going to Busan this summer!"

"I'm Japan!"

"I went there in winter!"

There were two types of people in the world.

Those who go on vacation with their families and those who do not.

On Saemiro was skeptical about this, so he told his parents that he wanted to go on a trip, but was met with cold-faced insults.

And then he found out exactly.

There are not those who travel and those who do not.

People are divided into those who can travel and those who cannot.

And On Saemiro's house was clearly the latter.

Because we're extremely poor.

He doesn't really want to think about what happened after that.

The poverty of the family was not a problem that a teenage boy could overcome, so nothing changed as he got older.

The only thing that changed was that at some point, On Saemiro became someone who poured water into the pit of poverty.

Instead of studying, he was busy working part-time jobs.

'I have nothing.'

On Saemiro always thought that way.

He was poor, uneducated, and had no love from his family.

During my school days, there was a time when I filled my self-esteem with my appearance, but that quickly ended.

There are things you automatically learn when working in a construction field.

Whether you lost your face in a work accident, lost your youth due to endless misfortune, or lost your vitality in despair.

Looks don't last that long.

So, when construction workers often said, 'I used to be as good-looking as you when I was young,' I would secretly laugh at them.

It didn't make any difference to your class, so why on earth are you jealous?

On Saemi-ro realized his talent late in life.

That's right, it was singing.

He had no idea, but he had a talent for singing that was commensurate with the amount of misfortune he had been given.

From then on, I wanted to become a singer.

Rather than desperately wanting to sing, I wanted to escape from here somehow.

It wasn't that difficult to pass the agency's trainee audition.

Although he was dark-skinned, he had a nice face and great singing skills.

However, while moderate poverty is the spice of Cinderella's story, extreme poverty deprives him of the role of Cinderella.

While working part-time, I missed practice, worked hard under the scorching sun, and was fired from my agency.

Four letters: bad attitude.

It was unfair.

If I really had a bad attitude, I wouldn't have spent expensive money on sunscreen.